Discussion Out of WC3 vJASS to JASS?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a program that compiled vJASS to JASS (Outside of NewGen) so that you can use vJASS on a Mac?

I think I may try to use C++ to make this possible, by doing something with JassHelper, I don`t know what to do yet.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Jasshelper does just that (Though you probably need WINE or something). NewGen just calls Jasshelper.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But how would you work it? Do you have to put a .txt in some file? How would you work it?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
jasshelper.exe --scriptonly <path_to_common.j> <path_to_blizzard.j> <path_to_input.j> <path_to_output.j>

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
But how would you do it in terminal?

On my computer, newgen is located inside D:\wc3\jassnewgenpack5d\

In (Windows) command line I would type in:

Code:
D:
cd wc3\jassnewgenpack5d\jasshelper\
jasshelper.exe --scriptonly <common.j> <blizzard.j> <\..\..\maps\download\custom\fctf\Unit.vj> <\..\..\maps\download\custom\fctf\Unit.j>

I don't know if the <> brackets are required (but I believe that they are).

On a Unix machine, you would just use the alternate commands (if they are different), such as "ls" instead of "dir" to list files in a directory.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, I see!

I`m going to try this out tonight, if it works, it is a life saver.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
But how would you do it in terminal?
I already told you last year...

think I may try to use C++ to make this possible, by doing something with JassHelper, I don`t know what to do yet.
I wouldn't bother unless you plan to make the app run natively for OS X without WINE (which would be very nice!) - I've already had a friend of mine make an app that automatically runs a map through JassHelper via WINE when you save it in the World Editor, but it has a few bugs so I haven't posted about it (until now).

It's called JassHelperHelper at the moment. :p

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I already told you last year...

I wouldn't bother unless you plan to make the app run natively for OS X without WINE (which would be very nice!) - I've already had a friend of mine make an app that automatically runs a map through JassHelper via WINE when you save it in the World Editor, but it has a few bugs so I haven't posted about it (until now).

It's called JassHelperHelper at the moment. :p
It is much easier when you just get rid of the whole WE metaphor. I just use WE for object editor and terrain editor and jEdit + jasshelper for 'triggers' it really works.

Was planning to make an app that would make the whole jasshelper calling easier (clicks/proejcts) and try to cleanse the world from newgen pack due to its mac/Linux incompatibilityies and a lot of other absurdities related to it.

Then I got bored of wc3 stuff and I've been taking a break for a while. hmnn. You know that releasing that program with source code would make it more likel the bugs get fixed than not releasing it at all?

Weep

Reaction score
It is much easier when you just get rid of the whole WE metaphor. I just use WE for object editor and terrain editor and jEdit + jasshelper for 'triggers' it really works.
It'd certainly be nice if all maps [ljass]//!import[/ljass]ed their vJass code.

and try to cleanse the world from newgen pack due to its mac/Linux incompatibilityies and a lot of other absurdities related to it.
But isn't terraining hopeless without Grimoire to defeat the doodad/building limits?

You know that releasing that program with source code would make it more likel the bugs get fixed than not releasing it at all?
*shrug* It'll get there eventually. Probably.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
You know we're not real coders, right?

Some of us are working towards/are already professional coders >: O

>But isn't terraining hopeless without Grimoire to defeat the doodad/building limits?

You can still rape the MPQ Archive =)

>It'd certainly be nice if all maps //!imported their vJass code.
Some people like an all in one IDE. If you're the only one working on the project, an all in one IDE is the way to go. If you aren't, an environment that the all in one IDE used to retrieve it's resources is the way to go (just auto import stuff in the map folder and make IDE update/display the data from the environment, like jass files etc).

I personally like an all in one IDE as it makes organizing much easier ^_^, but the all in one IDE should be modularized (plugin based), so maybe rewriting all of WE to do that would be best : ).

>You know that releasing that program with source code would make it more likel the bugs get fixed than not releasing it at all?

Bazaar trumps Cathedral in my book ^_^.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'm technically a professional coder and all, but a language compiler is something I do not make, nor mess around with. o.o

Weep

Reaction score
You can still rape the MPQ Archive =)
What should be edited in which MPQs?

>It'd certainly be nice if all maps //!imported their vJass code.
Some people like an all in one IDE.
You are aware that I meant that in a mostly-selfish manner referring to avoiding the need to defeat the WE's built-in syntax checker in order to save a map, right? :p

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right, so, I've been working on using the information Weep gave me to run NewGen on my Mac, however I'm having trouble with it. I'm running the file with:
JASS:
$ wine ~/Desktop/NewGen/NewGen\ WE.exe

However, I'm getting the error:
JASS:
$ C:\windows\temp&gt;&quot;bin\exehack.exe&quot; -s we.lua   
File not found

I'm guessing it wants me to put [ljass]"we.lua"[/ljass] in the NewGen directory, but I already have it in here. If it does mean [ljass]"exehack.exe"[/ljass] as the file missing, I got no idea what to do.

Edit: I found exehack.exe in my BIN folder, but it's still giving me the errors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.