Owning dota dorks is funny

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I love it when they get into arguments about backdooring, despite the fact it is an intended part of the game, and over 50 million revisions of dota.

Here's a clue tards, if you consider it abusive, have the map creator FIX it.

http://dota-allstars.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3563&st=80

One single trigger prevents the "evils" of a Furion backdoor. OH NOES THAT WOULD BE TOO HARD TWO COED, INSTEAD LET'S SETUP THIS HORRENDOUS SET OF RULES THAT IF YOU VIOLATE ANYTHING YOU GET 5 MONTH TIMEBAN LOZLZLAZ

Though, I guess there is a slight shadow of doubt. Either it's an intended feature, or "team dota"/guinsoo is really just that BAD at making maps.

Cres

Reaction score
Sud, Guinsoo was a good mapmaker, dota sucks now because hes off (ever notices presented by Ice Frog?)

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I have to disagree on that one with ya Cres.

- The map IS pure theft from Eul's dota. If, in his infancy map making days, Guinsoo was to come to our forum saying "hey guys I got this great idea to modify dota, pls help me with triggers so I can modify dota" he would have been turned away as a simple thief.

- The triggered abilities are very few and when they do exist, very simplistic. Most everything in the map is simple. While that may be to some people's tastes, simple gameplay is simple coding. Most of the abilities are stock warcraft abilities with values modified.

- He has a community that has been up in arms since practically the dawn of time regarding "abuses" they perceived. Yet no real statements have been made as to them, nor fixes to them no matter how simple they could be. So they took things into their own hands and made what could be legitimate gameplay "bannable" with all the mind numbing TDA politics.

- He has a "team dota" doing his work for him now (icefrog as you say). Who knows what to expect from that.

Cres

Reaction score
I stand to be corrected ^^
But i think that guinsoo is really off the team

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
true.. Guinosoo no longer improves DotA maps.

And I agree, Guinosoo was a great mapmaker, he knew what people wanted from a game, that is why DotA is well, "popular"*

*"=popular in different ways.. ehehe :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.