News Packaging you can EAT: Food ‘skins’ that mimic nature could slash plastic waste

Everything is toxic depending on the dosis. Especially trolling, but especially everything else.
Hahaha, at the end of every argument we are talking about something completely different because of Firecat. wtf are we talking about water again? Lol...

GATORAID!

Because someone asked what would happen if we dropped it in water.

Yo dawg, i heard you like forums, so i put a topic into your topic so you can discuss it while you discuss it.

Sometimes I wonder why we tolerate FireCat.

BTW. Don't stop arguing. It's so damn fun to watch. *popcorn*

Oh crap
Well, anyway, It's a stupid idea And don't forget the germs. Just saying!

Your wish is my command.

Of course the water is not 100% clean. If you want really clean water I would suggest switching to distilled and sterilized water. Coincidentally it's also your best bet to kill yourself.

Humans have an immune system for a reason. Nothing in this world isn't infected with germs and bacteria of some kind. Our body is made to handle it. Actually being under-exposed to germs is harmful to us.

When I buy fruit or vegetable I clean them first, too. Not all of them are wrapped air-tight. It's pretty much the same thing here. Just hold your edible packaging under (hopefully non-brain-eating-bacteria-infested) water for a second and eat away.

And about all that melting stuff: Just because you can eat it doesn't mean it's going to melt away when it rains a bit.
The news said "It’s designed to imitate how fruit and vegetables are ‘packaged’ in nature with a protective outer layer or skin you can eat". I've never seen an apple melt like a piece of suggar in the rain.

Plenty of plastic bags are biodegradable. You don't cite that as a reason to not use plastic bags to carry shopping.

I've never seen an apple melt like a piece of suggar in the rain
First of all... Apple aren't handmade, though. And I didn't say anything about it would melt away. Where did you get that from? lol

Even our drinking water is heavily processed with chemicals because it previously ran through a dozen toilets. And now you're drinking, cooking and cleaning with it.
And that's how the whole thing started about water. ha

Houses are 'handmade'. Far more literally than this. They don't fall apart.

First of all... Apple aren't handmade, though. And I didn't say anything about it would melt away. Where did you get that from? lol

And that's how the whole thing started about water. ha

From there:
Wouldnt it be a bad idea when it rains? I think it would "melt" when it comes into contact with water.
Wasn't exactly directed at you, but at the idea in general. Oh, and it says it imitates natural protective layers so the comparison to an apple is perfectly fine in my eyes.

At it's said that it's made of a combination of algae and calcium. So it doesn't sound handmade, only mixed and brought to shape. And considering the pesticides and additives to the fertilizer they're probably not much more artificially made than apples today.
Unless you count bio food. Then again, we might get bio wrapping too :D

Sometimes I wonder why we tolerate FireCat.

Is it wrong that I was eating popcorn while reading all of this? Uh-oh.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I'm not so sure, there's still a lot of Thursday left for it to become unhappy.
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    still a few hours
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Its Friday!!!!
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Thursday 7/10 would Thursday again
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New forum coming soon going to be for my friend Saylor who is blind and he is doing motivational speaking and has an internet radio show and podcast. I am going to put a forum to promote him and other inspirational speaker stuff going to have some good stuff in it.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.