Sci/Tech Packaging you can EAT: Food ‘skins’ that mimic nature could slash plastic waste

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
we should make a TV segment with FireCat then exploit it further by making a comedy hit with Morgan freeman as the god
I'd watch it for sure.

On-topic, Firecat is bad at debating, we all knew that already. However (s)he represents a point of view which shouldn't be disregarded just because Firecat is arguing for it.

Isn't there a decent amount of people against genetically modified food? I mean, genetically modified food has been a controversial issue for a long time now.

Personally, I don't worry about the possible side-effect. It's a very small risk that I take. I mean, we use a lot of man-made stuff these days. If I were to stop consuming man-made stuff and go all natural, I would have a very hard time. Things like medicine are also made by humans, and we're quick to take that when we're sick. Still, I don't feel like it's a stupid point of view.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
There are enough things which can possibly kill you out there. I have stopped worrying about that and started doing whatever i feel like. Makes life much easier.
You think that packaging is toxic to you? Whatever dude, you are going to be killed by anything else regardless.
Tsunamies, nuclear power plants blowing up, terrorists, a car accident, the next crazy illness, a zombie apocalypse, choking on semen.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
we should make a TV segment with
o_O Why not make a movie segment with You, Varine and bunch Of Other instead? (Just don't add me on it) I bet you will laugh Moar No no?

Btw: Why buy something you wouldn't even want to eat ? It doesn't mean you afraid of it!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
o_O Why not make a movie segment with You, Varine and bunch Of Other instead? (Just don't add me on it) I bet you will laugh Moar No no?

Btw: Why buy something you wouldn't even want to eat ? It doesn't mean you afraid of it!
They probably dont look too appealing.

And to answer your question, i regularily buy something i dont even want to eat. Shoes, pants, chairs, computer parts, russian prostitutes, all kinds of stuff.

Its not about whether you want to eat it but more about whether you could potentially eat it without getting ill from it.

FireCat

Reaction score
They probably dont look too appealing.

And to answer your question, i regularily buy something i dont even want to eat. Shoes, pants, chairs, computer parts, russian prostitutes, all kinds of stuff.

Its not about whether you want to eat it but more about whether you could potentially eat it without getting ill from it.
Haha It isn't an answer and be happy it isn't wrapped with some toxic thingy stuff. yet But still you can be forced to buy such things, if there isn't another option.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
EDIBLE and FOOD are not the same thing. EDIBLE means you won't die if you eat it. FOOD you're supposed to eat. This is just saying you COULD eat it, not that you're supposed to. Therefore, his/her point of view is redundant; you don't have to eat it anymore than you have to eat the wrapper your candy bar came in (which is probably also edible, albeit not advisable and not really biodegradable). Either way I fail to see the issue; no one is forcing you to eat the wrapper. And if it's an issue he can go buy all the food wrapped in plastic because apparently that's much better. It's not like plastic ever has toxic chemicals in it.

FireCat

Reaction score
Edit: NOT EDIBLE !

Anyway, I'm pretty sure many know the plastic are toxic in some way. hmm

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Edit: NOT EDIBLE !

Anyway, I'm pretty sure many know the plastic are toxic in some way. hmm
"Plastic" isnt toxic on its own, just the majority of plastic in use. Because plastic is a vary broad term which describes a whole kind of product. There are biodegradeable and non-toxic plastics out there. But they are not in use too much.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
On-topic, Firecat is bad at debating, we all knew that already.

That doesn't even come close.
This is the single largest debatte cluster fuck I've ever seen.

I'm off to eat some plastic bags.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
FireCat takes the position, intentionally or otherwise, of the idiot who knows shit but still wants to join in conversations.

FireCat

Reaction score
I'm not a debater never was And I never claimed to be. But Screw that! lol
And also.. I'm not a newsworthy issues either, The End of the Story!

Btw Does it taste good? @s3rius

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
That doesn't even come close.
This is the single largest debatte cluster fuck I've ever seen.

I'm off to eat some plastic bags.
Just don't choke and die; I still need you to teach me stuff in future! =(

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Don't worry camel, a bit of toxic plastic has never killed anyone yet.

And if you put some salt and ketchup on them it's actually quite nice.

....om nomnom om om...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.