Spell Panda Roll

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll probably recode this as well as Heroic Guard. ABC isn't widely used anymore (it was when this was written), and I think I could probably do some things more efficiently. :)

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I'll probably recode this as well as Heroic Guard. ABC isn't widely used anymore (it was when this was written), and I think I could probably do some things more efficiently. :)

That would be really a great idea, because I'm planning to use it in my map. :p

INCINERATE

Reaction score
hi , i imported this crazy spell however there is a slight problem .. when the panda is rolling by a building .. it will kill it so fast ... now i tried looking threw the triggers and i found the functions under the fields "units affected" ..

then i went to the piece that said unit_type_structure .. and i made sure it was false.. its still killing buildings really fast..

in my map the death of this building determines the winner.. so its like a uber fast Victory lol .. how to get this roll to not affect buildings?

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Change:

JASS:
private constant function BurnDamageFilter takes nothing returns boolean
    return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false
endfunction

To:

JASS:
    return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false and IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false
endfunction

That should stop the burning damage from damaging structures.

You could also change it to this:

JASS:
    return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false and IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false and GetWidgetLife(GetFilterUnit()) > 0.405
endfunction

That will stop it from trying to damage already dead units (which can be a bad thing depending on what you do in your map).

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
>btw im using your meat hook also :p works nicely .

Then keep your eye out for an update that will be coming soon. It is kinda important.

(Sorry for off topicness)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've started rewriting this. I use Zinc most of the time now though, but I don't think that's a problem for anyone. Note that recoding this isn't particularly high on my to-do list though.

Since just-before-UAC, I got into a habit of commenting my code, especially if it's released publicly.
More people learn from looking at code than I had thought, so it helps. :)

It also helps me when I come back to looking at the code in a few months. :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it'd be a nice addition.

I guess I could always add the option though. :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's been mentioned before.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If this is being redone, would you think about doing a different unit?

Such as a mounted unit that won't stop riding or some other theme.

Then you could give players the option if what unit to use.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The option is already there.
The unit doesn't 'change' it's model, it's simply made transparent. The new effect has a configurable height too.

Simply remove the transparency (in the constants), and change and raise the effect.

The default will remain a panda. :)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
hey, the only prob i got with this spell and the reason why its unusable in my map, is the fact that it rolls up cliffs and such, the prob arises when it rolls up a cliff and the duration is over, now if i don't have an escape ability like blink, hes basically stuck, so can you make sure he doesn't roll up cliffs or go threw the center of buildings? , i tested one where the duration ended exactly when it hit a building, it was stuck in the center of the building unable to move :p :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.