Spell Panda Roll

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
JASS:
// How much damage is taken, per second.
private constant function BURNDAMAGE_AMOUNT takes integer level returns real
    return level * 100.
    // 100, 200, 300
endfunction

Must have overlooked it. :p

Anywho, version 2 seems pretty dead on. Nice work.

Reaction score
JASS:
private static method Cond takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("move") or GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("smart") or GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("patrol") or GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("attack") and IsUnitInGroup(GetTriggerUnit(), Casters)
endmethod

-->
JASS:
    local integer id = GetIssuedOrderId()
    return id == OrderId("move") or id == OrderId("smart") or id == OrderId("patrol") or id == OrderId("attack") and IsUnitInGroup(GetTriggerUnit(), Casters)
endmethod

Awesome.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
JASS:
    return GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("move") or GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("smart") or GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("patrol") or GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("attack") and IsUnitInGroup(GetTriggerUnit(), Casters)
endmethod

-->
JASS:
    local integer id = GetIssuedOrderId()
    return id == OrderId("move") or id == OrderId("smart") or id == OrderId("patrol") or id == OrderId("attack") and IsUnitInGroup(GetTriggerUnit(), Casters)
endmethod

Awesome.

Such a minor change :p
Thanks anyway :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well, you should try to use as few function calls as you can :D

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Awesome spell, very original (never seen a spell like this before) and fun to use. +rep. However, when I use it when already rolling it gets fucked up, harder to controll and the roll unit will be the normal panda. Try to use it when already rolling to see what I mean.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome spell, very original (never seen a spell like this before) and fun to use. +rep. However, when I use it when already rolling it gets fucked up, harder to controll and the roll unit will be the normal panda. Try to use it when already rolling to see what I mean.
I know. Just make the duration shorter than the cooldown, or the cooldown longer than the duration (Yes, they're the same thing).

Leazy

Reaction score
I know. Just make the duration shorter than the cooldown, or the cooldown longer than the duration (Yes, they're the same thing).

Ah alright, however, what if you have a refresher type of item (Item that refreshes all cooldowns). Maybe add something that prevents the unit to cast the spell again if he's already casting it?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then Disable the ability when it's cast, wait the duration, and re-enable it after.
I don't think it's necessary to make a new trigger just for that :p

Leazy

Reaction score
Then Disable the ability when it's cast, wait the duration, and re-enable it after.
I don't think it's necessary to make a new trigger just for that :p

Still, it would not hurt to just add a buff to the spell, and if you have the buff stop casting unit (could be done afterwards by any GUI-er to tough) so nvm.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump. I checked the PandaBall spell over at Wc3C. I prefer my one. The bounce isn't amazing :p. Especially how it bounces off everything!

I might add a bounce in, only off cliffs and boundry though.

Charapanga

Reaction score
Awsome job Romek, I'm still a newbie at making spells, but i hope i will be one day as good as you, i'm still making primitive spells with GUI, i just can't seem to learn JASS and I've read almost all of the tutorials, but you know what they say, when you fall off a horse, you gotta go right back on it :)

Five stars man!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awsome job Romek, I'm still a newbie at making spells, but i hope i will be one day as good as you, i'm still making primitive spells with GUI, i just can't seem to learn JASS and I've read almost all of the tutorials, but you know what they say, when you fall off a horse, you gotta go right back on it :)

Five stars man!
Thanks! :D
About Jass, all I can say is:
  • Get Newgen. The highlighting, globals and function list are awesome (Especially for beginners)
  • Keep practising
  • Read over some simple codes, systems, snippets and spells :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
JASS:

Ahm... where exactly is that boolexpr being used (it's the one in the struct) - I can't seem to find it, so I'm beginning to suspect it's a bit useless :p

And why exactly do you bother with a group member for the TimedEffect struct? You could just use a global group (it is only a temporary group) since there's no requirement to keep track of units for the duration of the instance
Same applies to the group member of the spell struct, it appears to be used in same way, so global group would easily work just fine instead
And!
JASS:
call GroupRemoveUnit(a.G, u)
call GroupClear(a.G)

That's a bit pointless, don't you think? The group is going to be emptied as a result of the FirstOfGroup loop, so why bother clearing it after when it's already empty?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
JASS:

Ahm... where exactly is that boolexpr being used (it's the one in the struct) - I can't seem to find it, so I'm beginning to suspect it's a bit useless :p
That's really odd. I'm sure there was a use for it somewhere, at some time. :p

And why exactly do you bother with a group member for the TimedEffect struct? You could just use a global group (it is only a temporary group) since there's no requirement to keep track of units for the duration of the instance
Same applies to the group member of the spell struct, it appears to be used in same way, so global group would easily work just fine instead
Made the groups static :).

And!
JASS:
call GroupRemoveUnit(a.G, u)
call GroupClear(a.G)

That's a bit pointless, don't you think? The group is going to be emptied as a result of the FirstOfGroup loop, so why bother clearing it after when it's already empty?
I agree. I don't know why I put that there either.. :nuts:

Updated

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Excellently coded and carried through spell!

You make the Pandaren proud!

Resource approved, for the Pandaren!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jus an idea, why not make it play the "I bring Pandemonium!" sound on cast, would be a nice addition.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.