WIP Panda Wars PRIMAL-X (w/ AI!)

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Update!! - December 28, 2009

Finally reworked Chrono Morpher's ultimate, Five Seconds. You guys will love his new ultimate!!

Working on changing other heroes' skills as well.

The next version will take a while before we upload it, but rest assured that there will be a WONDERFUL change.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you need any spells done PM and I'll see what I can do.

Some recommendations:

Make the bases unallied to the team that attacks them lol.

Move the bases farther away from the fountains. So you can get healed while base killing.
Only make vodka spawns when a unit pick one up. Wont lead to a million bottles of vodka being spawned at the end of the game.

Please fix the tool tips. Make them more descriptive. I hate guessing how much I'm going to pwn people.

For the hero 13, make blood bread do something. Right now it really doesn't damage. Maybe like 5 DPS. Totally worthless.

Nerf his stomp ability, hight damage + long stun + big AoE = GG

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hahaha. I'm working on spells for the map too. And I think I'm gonna help as well ;) Since there are alot to be done ;)

I'm also fixed lots of bugs.
Make the bases unallied to the team that attacks them lol.
Fixed already.

Move the bases farther away from the fountains. So you can get healed while base killing.
Already done.

Only make vodka spawns when a unit pick one up. Wont lead to a million bottles of vodka being spawned at the end of the game.
Removed them already.

Please fix the tool tips. Make them more descriptive. I hate guessing how much I'm going to pwn people.
They are a pain, but in progress.

For the hero 13, make blood bread do something. Right now it really doesn't damage. Maybe like 5 DPS. Totally worthless.

I'm coder of the map and don't even know all the skills .__. Lol. I'll see what I can do.

sLsIDK

Reaction score
How is this version 3.17 but in beta?

EDIT: Nice bug:
oololwut.png
I have replay if you wish

EDIT2: Also, show this to the guy who is creating your AI: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140941

EDIT3: Also, for the terrain changing, I suggest doing: (freehand)
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set MapWidth = 6140
    • Set MapHeight = 6140
    • -------- Or just use like MapSize, since it's square --------
    • Set TerrainType[1] = (Terrain type you are using)
    • -------- Repeat --------
    • Set TerrainTypes = #
    • Set ReplaceTerrain[1] = (Snow terrain type to replace the TerrainType[index number] with)
    • Set ReplaceVaries[1] = (Variations for that snowy terrain type)
    • For each (Integer A) from (0 - MapWidth) to MapWidth, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • For each (Integer B) from (0 - MapHeight) to MapHeight, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set TempPoint = (Point((Real(Integer A)), Real(Integer B)))
            • For each (Integer C) from 1 to TerrainTypes, do (Actions
              • Loop - Actions
                • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                  • If - Conditions
                    • (Terrain type at TempPoint) Equal to TerrainType[C]
                  • Then - Actions
                    • Environment - Change terrain type at TempPoint to ReplaceTerrain[C]) using variation (Random integer number between 1 and ReplaceVaries[C] in an area of size 1 and shape Square
                  • Else - Actions
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)

OK, so it wasn't so freehand, but I did type it all just using references from your current snowy trigger.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I somewhat think the Terrain chain is not needed. It's gonna take too much effort to make it look good, random terrain does NOT look good. Then we have to change the tree's as well. The 'boss' section won't change as well.

Alot of it will be useless, no one will use the terrain commands. So I kind of.. .removed it entirely ;)

By the way, what happened for that 'bug' you mentioned?

sLsIDK

Reaction score
I was the hero you see selected in the picture, and I just kept spamming all my spells and then that black hole happened... Do you want the replay?

Modes I had on:
-ar
-dc
-mm

Oh, and the regular amount of creeps seems like -dc to me...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the "bug" you mentioned aint really a bug. there is just a limit of how many models warcraft 3 may show on the screen at once. well what you've encountered was just what happens if you try to show more units as the limit allows same time.

it is mostly because of the overwhelming unit spawn in the old version. yami-joey already said he is going to decrease it.

Tru_Power22

Reaction score
Heavenly Shield on the Glave master (who really need to be more of a Paladin) needs to be triggers. It's totally useless because it deals equal damage to your allies. Wouldn't really be that hard to do.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I was the hero you see selected in the picture, and I just kept spamming all my spells and then that black hole happened... Do you want the replay?

Modes I had on:
-ar
-dc
-mm

Oh, and the regular amount of creeps seems like -dc to me...
This bug also happened to me, and I don't know how to fix this.

I'll see what I can do by lessening the imports

Tru_Power22

Reaction score
All you need to do is lessen the number of creeps that spawn pretty easy right?

sLsIDK

Reaction score
the "bug" you mentioned aint really a bug. there is just a limit of how many models warcraft 3 may show on the screen at once. well what you've encountered was just what happens if you try to show more units as the limit allows same time.

it is mostly because of the overwhelming unit spawn in the old version. yami-joey already said he is going to decrease it.
All you need to do is lessen the number of creeps that spawn pretty easy right?

That jumble of models on my unit is from to many units being shown? I doubt it, I've never heard of or seen that before. I'm thinking you just saw the units model's missing and thought that that was what I was talking about.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
That jumble of models on my unit is from to many units being shown? I doubt it, I've never heard of or seen that before. I'm thinking you just saw the units model's missing and thought that that was what I was talking about.

Alright, the number of creeps will be decreased next version as well as number of imports (AccName might be saying right)

Next version will be pretty late to arrive though. BlackRose and Tru_Power22 offered their help for the map :D but there will still be a lot of fixes before the map could be stable

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score

you can simply test it.

open the World Editor

spam alot of units all close together

place even more units close together

and see what will happen

about 300 units are already enough but i think it depends on the model used.
i read about it once ago but cant remember what exactly caused it. something about a max limit of geosets or polygons. whatever i know it exists and thats enough.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Tru_Power22 said:

Thirteen's Blood Breath is buffed already and we'll just nerf his stomp ability.

AccName said:
you can simply test it.

open the World Editor

spam alot of units all close together

place even more units close together

and see what will happen

about 300 units are already enough but i think it depends on the model used.
i read about it once ago but cant remember what exactly caused it. something about a max limit of geosets or polygons. whatever i know it exists and thats enough.

So you guys have any suggestions for the Creep Spawn system or should we just settle with lesser creeps?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i would say make the max amount of creeps to spawn at each site depending on the number of players of the opposing team.

1 player = 15 creeps max
2 players = 35 creeps max
3 players = 55 creeps max
4 pla...

or something like this.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I jsut played your map. It was pretty fun. But there were a few concerns that I had.

1. Creeps should get stronger over time. In late game they were really useless.
2. Your probably working on this but add item recipes please :D
3. Your also probably workign on this.... imbalance
4. This one was a biggie. Some abilities caused tons of lag when they got to higher levels. Might want to cut down on the special effects :thup:

It was pretty fun though :)

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
1. Creeps should get stronger over time. In late game they were really useless.

Sure. I'll be adding upgrades to the creeps to make them stronger as the game goes by. :) (Unholy Strength upgrade)

Your probably working on this but add item recipes please
Working on them. Expect new items soon.

Your also probably workign on this.... imbalance
Working on that too.

This one was a biggie. Some abilities caused tons of lag when they got to higher levels. Might want to cut down on the special effects
Oh yeah. I get that. X_X But really we wanted to focus on special effects to make it look cool too. We'll try lessening the imports and the creeps to avoid lag.

It was pretty fun though :)
Thanks a lot! Good luck with your map too. :D

AccName said:
i would say make the max amount of creeps to spawn at each site depending on the number of players of the opposing team.

1 player = 15 creeps max
2 players = 35 creeps max
3 players = 55 creeps max
4 pla...

or something like this.

We'll see what we can do :D We'll also upgrade the creeps so that they'd have higher health and damage late game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.