WIP Panda Wars PRIMAL-X (w/ AI!)

sLsIDK

Reaction score
Next we have to change the paths for the UI to replace an
allready existing UI. You can NOT use all the ingame UI's AND
the imported one simply becuse there are only 4 races to chose from
thus making it impossible (unless you creating a modification for
the entire wc3 program.) for the game to show the UI for a player.
In the example I will be replacing the Night Elves. Please note
that changing the paths on the imported files is the "hard way".
If you are making a singleplayer map or a campaign you can
change the gameplay interface but I will put that in the end of
the tutorial. Now there are sertain paths that MUST be used.

For the:
Inventory Cover: UI\Console\*race*\*race*UITile-InventoryCover.blp
Time Indicator Frame: UI\Console\*race*\*race*UITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp
Tile 1: UI\Console\*race*\*race*UITile1.blp
Tile 2: UI\Console\*race*\*race*UITile2.blp
Tile 3: UI\Console\*race*\*race*UITile3.blp
Tile 4: UI\Console\*race*\*race*UITile4.blp
Cursor: UI\Cursor\*race*Cursor.blp
Inventory Slotfiller: UI\Widgets\Console\*race*\*race*-inventory-slotfiller.blp
Cinematic Border: UI\Widgets\EscMenu\*race*\*race*-cinematic-border.blp
Spell Area of Effect: ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SpellAreaOfEffect_*race*.blp*
Options Menu Border: UI\Widgets\EscMenu\*race*\*race*-options-menu-border.blp
*: In the SpellAreaOfEffect the night elves are a bit diffrent as
it is "ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SpellAreaOfEffect_NE.blp"

Credits to http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p=976391

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
january 14 update:

I've been offline for a long while...internet at home broke down so I can't update.

BlackRose is still working on the map. Just to keep you guys updated.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
So how many Pandas learned new skills from random changes in the world around them?

Anyway, looking forward to the update :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hopefully ;)

Maybe we should post a few screenshots to keep the thread running and people interested? Chaos Control!? or is that a v3.18 surprise. Hmmm...... the improved multiboard?

Dunno.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hopefully ;)

Maybe we should post a few screenshots to keep the thread running and people interested? Chaos Control!? or is that a v3.18 surprise. Hmmm...... the improved multiboard?

Dunno.
Oooh awesome :D I'll do that (they'll be surprised at the new "Sea Giant Behemoth" boss area). But the other terrain isn't finished yet.

Chaos Control is too awesome :)

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Played the map, it was VERY fun, even against the AI.

Kept me interested for 25 min or so.

Some things that I'm concerned about:

-The AI doesn't really respond to low health, esp. if it's their own health.
-Money can't really be used for much, I had about 5k gold and I couldn't really buy anything that interested me (unless I missed some vendor, lol)
-The beginning of the game was a bit confusing, didn't know where to start at to get my panda hero, etc.
-When you said type "nothing" to set the normal mode, there was no text that told me normal mode was set and the game started. I only knew it started until the game yelled at me saying "Your base is under attack!" or w/e.
-The game was shorter than I expected, I wanted to get to level 100, assuming there'd be more cool abilities, but I guess it'd be boring online, so I guess you could scratch this comment :p
-When you use "-extend".. it would be nice for the heroes to keep their level and restart the game(putting the base back up, etc), that would make solo more fun, imho. Also, I probably would've gone long passed the original 25 min I had played, lol.

All-in-all.. great for BETA.. keep up the good work :D

Can't wait for the upcoming updates :)

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Played the map, it was VERY fun, even against the AI.

Kept me interested for 25 min or so.

Some things that I'm concerned about:

-The AI doesn't really respond to low health, esp. if it's their own health.
-Money can't really be used for much, I had about 5k gold and I couldn't really buy anything that interested me (unless I missed some vendor, lol)
-The beginning of the game was a bit confusing, didn't know where to start at to get my panda hero, etc.
-When you said type "nothing" to set the normal mode, there was no text that told me normal mode was set and the game started. I only knew it started until the game yelled at me saying "Your base is under attack!" or w/e.
-The game was shorter than I expected, I wanted to get to level 100, assuming there'd be more cool abilities, but I guess it'd be boring online, so I guess you could scratch this comment :p
-When you use "-extend".. it would be nice for the heroes to keep their level and restart the game(putting the base back up, etc), that would make solo more fun, imho. Also, I probably would've gone long passed the original 25 min I had played, lol.

All-in-all.. great for BETA.. keep up the good work :D

Can't wait for the upcoming updates :)
thanks a lot :)

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
JAN 19, 2010 UPDATE!!!

BlackRose just passed the map to me for now so I'll be working on it now :)

Also working on an awesome loading screen.... you have got to see those!

I am currently in need of ICONS for a PANDA... any Panda related icons...

sLsIDK

Reaction score
Can't wait for update, also will it be unprotected too?
Also, when you last updated your post you didn't add the pandaren UI in the credits for me :D

Also, is the AI improved in the upcoming map?

EDIT: Also, there's a lot of alsos in this post.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hmmm.......... I did say get some screenshots, anyways:

New remade Sea Boss terrain:
Oops, I'm use to having a generic set of commands in each map, like clearing messages and that, but it turns out, no -clear in Panda yet ;P, also it's windowed mode :O, and some icons are green

This image features:
- The new multiboard :)
- New boss terrain
- The AI is improved (as you can see by the renaming of it)

bossterrain.jpg

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Can't wait for update, also will it be unprotected too?
Also, when you last updated your post you didn't add the pandaren UI in the credits for me :D

Also, is the AI improved in the upcoming map?

EDIT: Also, there's a lot of alsos in this post.
AI will be better next version.... :D in fact it already is now.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
January 23, 2010 UPDATE!

Quick update. Check out the screenshot at BlackRose's post above
for a quick glimpse of what we're doing. >_<

I've done most of the better tooltips for the map. Doing a few
balance changes. Changing a LOT of hero skills. As of now,
Drunko's 'Watermelon' has been changed to Alcohol Rage by
Tru_Power22 and a bunch of other stuff (Fuzzy's 1st skill and
ultimate have been changed; Pando-kun is being reworked; Shadow
is now pretty much balanced and awesome; Thirteen just got a
better 1st skill and passive ultimate that lifesteals FROM
SKILLS! I'm also putting into consideration all the posts in
here.

Any more comments or advice? More suggestions? All are
appreciated and will be considered!

Happy

Reaction score
hey yami-joey...i played your map yesterday and its not bad but there are a few things i disliked (sorry for that but...^.~)...first of all the tooltips of the skills...there were only tooltips when you learn the abilities....-.- secondly me and my friend wondered about the AI pandas...they got unbelievable high stats and items we couldnt buy...why that?...third thing was that the caster pandas were unbeatable for melee pandas...(my friend alsways chose a casting panda i a melee panda and it didnt change anything which items we had...he killed me easily)...also there were no item recipes or something like that...i really disliked this...also there was a little thing with the vodka...there was a really big field of vodka and and we didnt need it...change it to a max number of bottles i would say...and the last thing...we had very much gold but nothing to use it after having a full filled equip...

sorry for criticize your map this much but i hope it helps you to make it better...all in all it was fun to play it but there were these thing we disliked...but keep up making this map...^^

greetz happy

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
January 30 UPDATE!
@ Happy - Thanks a lot for that comment, and I do know what you're saying.

..first of all the tooltips of the skills...there were only tooltips when you learn the abilities....-.-
We are fixing the tooltips as of now. It's going to be a long process, but we're working on them.

secondly me and my friend wondered about the AI pandas...they got unbelievable high stats and items we couldnt buy...why that?secondly me and my friend wondered about the AI pandas...they got unbelievable high stats and items we couldnt buy...why that?
The AI for the next version is now better than the current one ^_^ They no longer get incredibly high stats (the unli-tome glitch) and they now go back if their going to die.

...third thing was that the caster pandas were unbeatable for melee pandas...(my friend alsways chose a casting panda i a melee panda and it didnt change anything which items we had...he killed me easily)..
Hmm...I see. I'll just nerf the STR gains and STR of the caster pandas (ranged ones) then and reduce their skill cast range.

..also there were no item recipes or something like that...i really disliked this...also there was a little thing with the vodka...there was a really big field of vodka and and we didnt need it...change it to a max number of bottles i would say...and the last thing...we had very much gold but nothing to use it after having a full filled equip...
Working on new item recipes for next version. ^_^ And oh, we removed the Vodka completely. (But I'll miss all that right clicking!!)

sorry for criticize your map this much but i hope it helps you to make it better...all in all it was fun to play it but there were these thing we disliked...but keep up making this map...^^
You don't have to be sorry. ~_~ It's stuff like this that make the map better and I appreciate it a lot :D So thank you very much for your comment :D If you've got some more ideas, or even some suggestions, just drop a comment again :) Thanks!

As of now, BlackRose is with the map again and is doing some coding. We really need some terrainer. Not just doing some sparkly/eye-candy stuff for the map, but for revamping the terrain entirely.

I need some opinion, would you guys prefer the "Only Mid" thing or would it be better to put in lanes?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.