Pandas on a Beach

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Pandas on a Beach is a survival map for up to 4 players of the most epic proportions. Flee the gigantic, immortal, and Godlike Kingler and reach the finish line as he strolls across the beach behind you nonchalantly! Beware the seemingly random* enemies that loiter this beach, as they will stop at nothing to keep you from escaping His Crabhammer! And all of this while being watched by a crowd of blood-thirsty penguins!

So basically this is a short (~2 minutes) racing game in which you try to escape from Kingler, a giant enemy crab.
You can choose between 4 pandas. And no, there's no difference between them (besides the looks of course).

There are, of course, obstacles on your way along the beach. Angry, panda smacking bears, ninja dune spiders that lure beneath the ground, dancing golems and more...

Since that is obviously not enough there are also abilities to make the life of your panda friends harder. The ability system works kinda like in Mario Kart. There are runes laying around the beach, if you walk over them you get a "random" ability depending on your current rank. Each ability has 2 levels.

If you're not happy with the fixed camera view you can switch between the camera modes by pressing escape.

Since Pandas are a rather talkative race, there's also a lot of chit chatting going on in the selection screen. (Once Kingler is after them they're way too busy to talk of course). That makes the selection screen to a perfect screen saver if I may say so.

On a more or less important note, the map is a kind of homage to the maps Advent of the Zenith, Desert of Exile and Obsidian Depths. If you haven't played the maps than this map might appear a bit.... random to you. If you know the maps, all the better.

The map is finished, any requests about adding more content will be wholeheartedly ignored.

Enjoy yourselves.

Attachments

• PoaB_Preview.jpg
    PoaB_Preview.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Poab_SelecScreen.jpg
    Poab_SelecScreen.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 308
  • PoaB_v1.01.w3x
    404.4 KB · Views: 268

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Played it and had lots of fun ^^

The terrain is really pretty (as expected) and i like the camera from the side (too bad it's a bit jolty but that's wc3 for you ^^). The gameplay itself is fun as you try to dodge all the things (it's not that hard, but i only tested it solo, probably a lot more fun multiplayer). The ending is also quite funny ^^

The only flaw that is that there isn't a sort of a restart system at the end, so that we can play the map again (without having to go in and out of the map)

Otherwise Great Job, tons of fun! :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.