World Papua New Guinea women kill males babies to end tribal war

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
WOMEN in Papua New Guinea's Highland region are killing their male babies to end a tribal war that has gone on for more than 20 years.

Two women from the Eastern Highlands spoke of the slaughter to PNG's National newspaper during a three-day peace and reconciliation course in the region's capital of Goroka.

Rona Luke and Kipiyona Belas, from two warring tribes, said male infanticide reduced the cyclical payback violence infamous in Highlands tribal fights.

If women stopped producing males, their tribe's stock would go down and this would force the men to end their fight, the women said.

Last edited:

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
I think it sucks that they are killing male babies. Thumbs down means that sucks.

I think they are doing the right thing.
If they are going to kill each other in wars anyways than it is better that way, at least others won't have to deal with war bullshit.

I wonder why women did not think of that before...

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Yea, why go through the trouble of actually teaching your child why the tribal wars are bad and bring them up decently when you can just commit infanticide and be done with it. Asshole.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I think they are doing the right thing.
If they are going to kill each other in wars anyways than it is better that way, at least others won't have to deal with war bullshit.

I wonder why women did not think of that before...

Yeah, let's just get the US, China, and Russia to kill all of our male babies so that we don't go to war with each either either. What a great solution! Because it's not like either of the tribes will ever just resort to using women or run out of men because they all killed each other.

Besides, if they're fighting they obviously believe in the cause. It's not like there aren't ways for them to leave if they don't want to fight.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Yea, why go through the trouble of actually teaching your child why the tribal wars are bad and bring them up decently when you can just commit infanticide and be done with it. Asshole.

Your mom and dad are assholes judging by how you turned up.

The problem with news today is that they are all sensationalistic and problem with people today is that they confuse news with reality.

Those women are not killing babies with knives, there simply is not enough food for all children, so they decided it is the male children that can starve to death.

The whole point of the action was to pass a message, not to actually use it systematically.

Let me translate it to idiotish:
You male idiots stop going to jungle to play hide and seek just so you can awoid working.
We are sick of labouring all day in the fields and raising children while you spend all day doing nothing but eating our food and molesting us while you use war as an excuse.
If you want your son to be a "warrior" like you, you can feed him yourself asshole.

It is a pretty logical decidion if you ask me.
It also shows a level of desperation those women are in.
The things are actually bad enough to override natural mothers instinct of caring for her child.
Those women deserve nothing but support.

And all of you rasist cunts who made your conclusions on one news read and your idiotic prejudices about african people can kiss my white-male-european ass.

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Lol, someone is a feminist/erm...minoritiest? (Yes that was a joke for those who will try to flame me for saying that)

A: How the heck are we being racist for disagreeing with their treatment of their children?

B: Nobody said anything about being prejudice, we just simply stated that their are alternatives to what their methodes are.

C: Men arnt the only people who make wars. Disagreements happen between women as well and those can be just as violent.

D: They are killing these children through deliberate action, possibly even through starvation before the child is even a day old. It sounds to me like they are using the common practice of leaving the child out in a forest to die the minute it is born.

E: So with your logic, we should order our mothers to kill their male children to prevent the current war in iraq and then reward them and applaud them.

F: Im guessing your in support of abortion =/

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
You think it is perfectly okay to punish a new-born child who has done nothing wrong for something his father/tribe-mates have done?

I don't know what frame of mind you must be in where you believe ending an innocent child's life is the better course of action over educating them to be above barbaric violence.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
C: Men arnt the only people who make wars. Disagreements happen between women as well and those can be just as violent.
Yes, that's fine in today's modern society. However, these people live in tribes where (probably, I'm not entirely sure) the men traditionally do the hunting while the women care for the children and such. The women probably cannot get enough food for the babies anyway, with the men always fighting.

D: They are killing these children through deliberate action, possibly even through starvation before the child is even a day old. It sounds to me like they are using the common practice of leaving the child out in a forest to die the minute it is born.
Well, first, no one ever said it wasn't deliberate. Even if it wasn't deliberate, it would probably still make the news and such. Second, it isn't like these women are killing the babies because they just don't want children, or they enjoy seeing dead babies; it's because they feel they don't have any other choice.

E: So with your logic, we should order our mothers to kill their male children to prevent the current war in iraq and then reward them and applaud them.
No, his logic does not apply in any way to any war like the one in Iraq. That is a "modern" war; killing babies wouldn't solve anything in Iraq, because the U.S. army consists of more than just a relatively small group of males. The U.S. army consists of many, many people of both sexes, and even if some women in the United States started killing their babies, they would probably be arrested. However, this fight is a totally different circumstance. Males are the only ones actually doing the fighting, and because the women are no longer producing males, the fighting males will be forced to stop. Either that, or there will be no more males left in the tribes, and I seriously doubt that they will let their tribes die because of this.
Basically, your comparison is fundamentally flawed to the core and is in no way applicable to anything. :)

F: Im guessing your in support of abortion =/
I'm guessing you're not open to anyone's opinions and frown upon people who don't agree with you. :rolleyes:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
You think it is perfectly okay to punish a new-born child who has done nothing wrong for something his father/tribe-mates have done?

I don't know what frame of mind you must be in where you believe ending an innocent child's life is the better course of action over educating them to be above barbaric violence.
I don't think cohadar actually condones this behaviour as a good method of trying to end the violence (well, doesn't seem that way from my reading of his posts) - I don't think anyone agrees with what those women did, but if the children ended up being killed as a result of the violence, would it be any better? And what's to say that educating them will magically mean that they won't continue the violence when they grow up?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
but if the children ended up being killed as a result of the violence, would it be any better?

Don't you think they deserve a chance at life rather than being condemned as a failure from birth and killed?

And what's to say that educating them will magically mean that they won't continue the violence when they grow up?

It wouldn't guarantee they wouldn't, but it would give them a chance at life, you would have it taken away?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
killing their male babies to end a tribal war Oh what a BS crap, that not stop the war at all..

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
lol, people are stupid... they are basically fueling more reason for the tribes to hate each other by killing their own children.

... oh wells while all the fools are killing their male babies to try end the war, I'm just going to amp my male babies up on roids ready to take over the world. BRING ON THE BABY OVERLOAD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.