Parachute-type Drop

DiDdY

Reaction score
Hello, TheHelper.Net.

For a map I am assisting, I need some help. The aim of this, is to drop, at certain points, some kind of boxes containing different amounts of gold.

So far, I have this;

Trigger One; (it won't actually be a dragonhawk).
Code:
Creating Plane
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dragonhawk Rider for Neutral Passive at (Center of Rect 004 <gen>) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of DropPoint[(Random integer number between 0 and 3)])

Trigger Two; (setting the regions).
Code:
Setting Regions
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set DropPoint[0] = Rect 000 <gen>
        Set DropPoint[1] = Rect 001 <gen>
        Set DropPoint[2] = Rect 002 <gen>
        Set DropPoint[3] = Rect 003 <gen>

Trigger Three; (dropping, not completed)
Code:
Droping Item
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Rect 000 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters Rect 001 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters Rect 002 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters Rect 003 <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Dragonhawk Rider
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Rect 005 <gen>)
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Passive at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
        Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to (Current flying height of (Triggering unit)) at 0.00
        Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 0.00 at 100.00
        Unit - Add a ((Current flying height of (Triggering unit)) / 100.00) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Wait (Elapsed time for (Last started timer)) seconds
        Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
        Item - Create Gold Coins at (Position of (Last created unit))

Okay, the aim of trigger 3 is to drop a footman from the DragonHawk riders height to the floor.. Unfortunately this doesn't work - any suggestions?

Any ideas?

EDIT: Changed DropPoint[1] etc..

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
One way to do it:
Create a dummy unit with the model of an item. Create one of those dummies at the region, add crow form to it, remove the crow form, and then set it's fly height to the height of the Dragonhawk guy with rate 0 (immediate). Then set it's fly height to 0 with the rate 100, add a (Fly height of the Dragonhawk guy / 100) second expiration timer for it and wait that same amount of time. After the wait create an item in the rect (in the same position you created the dummy at). x)

DiDdY

Reaction score
One way to do it:
Create a dummy unit with the model of an item. Create one of those dummies at the region, add crow form to it, remove the crow form, and then set it's fly height to the height of the Dragonhawk guy with rate 0 (immediate). Then set it's fly height to 0 with the rate 100, add a (Fly height of the Dragonhawk guy / 100) second expiration timer for it and wait that same amount of time. After the wait create an item in the rect (in the same position you created the dummy at). x)

Any chance, you could just quickly do a right up of that simply GUI lines? No point opening WE (unless you're really kind :p).

DiDdY

Reaction score
Not sure if this counts as bumping but;

Updated post 1, I've tried to do as you say Artificial, but failed, and it doesn't work. I've also attatched the map here because you can't do that via editing.

Note: All the barracks are for creating units to test the 'Last created unit' thing, but I'm not sure about that either.

PS: The errors are; the footmen don't drop, they just stand there. They fall to fast, the dragonhawk riders don't go where orderd, and more, just try it out.

Attachments

• Plane.w3x
    11.4 KB · Views: 94

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
to make the footman drop from the sky, your going to need another trigger with a periodic event that is initially disabled and a variable set to your dropping unit (footman)

so in the thirrd trigger say

set variableUnit = last created unit (footman)
turn on trigger 4
wait 5 seconds
turn off trigger 4
set flying height of footman to 0 over 0

in trigger 4 you'll want
every .03 seconds of game time
set variableUnit's flying height ((current flying height of variableUnit) - 10)

Hope this makes sense

ps - i didnt open ur map so sorry if this is wrong or if there are other problems i'm not adressing.

DiDdY

Reaction score
to make the footman drop from the sky, your going to need another trigger with a periodic event that is initially disabled and a variable set to your dropping unit (footman)

so in the thirrd trigger say

set variableUnit = last created unit (footman)
turn on trigger 4
wait 5 seconds
turn off trigger 4
set flying height of footman to 0 over 0

in trigger 4 you'll want
every .03 seconds of game time
set variableUnit's flying height ((current flying height of variableUnit) - 10)

Hope this makes sense

ps - i didnt open ur map so sorry if this is wrong or if there are other problems i'm not adressing.

I'll try it, but the -10 bit will probably cause errors, and bad timing, and eventually the unit will go past the ground.

Anyway, thanks for trying and I'll edit this post when I've tried it. :eek:

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Ok, Elfie, you made a couple of mistakes in the trigger.
Code:
Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
You were supposed to add that to the last created unit.
And the wait should be like this:
Code:
Wait ((Current flying height of (Triggering unit)) / 100.00) seconds
And you might want to store the last created unit into a variable so it won't get overwritten by another trigger that creates a unit. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.