Man why do they make scary movies like Exorcist I get scared by that :( lol
Like one of the only truly scary ones.
Why did I watch that clip at night....

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I saw Paranormal Activity...
it's okay. Not as bad as I expected. Okay, maybe it is. But for a low budget movie (seriously, it was one normal video camera), it makes you think. I didn't really get scared by anything, just a few thrills here and there, but I think this movie (if you'd call it a movie) scares not like the normal film that just relies on gory effects. This scares you by nothing more than sounds and some few movement and slight effects, which is a more I guess thoughtful way of scaring you. It's a bit slow at first, but the end seem rushed. It's more of a scary thing like "that's freaky stuff" rather than like "disgusting, ah it's so creepy demon bloody whatever". o_O
A lot of people said the ending was really good... it kinda seemed like maybe even the worst part, haha. But that might be because I already knew about the ending, and that I know what's going to happen by my prior knowledge (Supernatural) :D

The Evolved Panda Commandant Rates 'Paranormal Activity': [6/10]

As a common, horror film it would be like a 5. But think of it more like actual paranormal activity rather than just trying to scare you like any other horror movie, and I guess it's better. Funny guy.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i failed too hard and i had to read the wikipedia synopsis. it sounds like crap ._.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Actually the sounds and audio are what make the movie.
The running was freaky.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
While I watched this movie I thought this was the scariest movie ever only because I was under the impression that everything was real. After I found out it was fictitious it no longer scares me. So if you show your friends this movie tell its all real before the movie and break the news to them after =].

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea pretty sure a snuff film wouldn't be allowed to be displayed on the big screens...

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
It's not scary, until you see it at 5:30 AM after staying up playing MW2 and Halo 3 with friends, drinking Mountain Dew.
Yeah. That was funny...

Anyway, I didn't find it scary.
But, according to what I read, this was originally made in '07 ('08?) for a movie festival (as an independant film).

Not sure if it's true or not, just what I read (I think it was Wikipedia where I read it).

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
The movie wasn't super scary, but near the end it was pretty creepy and overall just fun to watch.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yeah, it was just a little independent film made by some guys that were bored. In 07.
But it caught other people's eyes and so was released again.
As a low-budget movie it's not bad. Just too much hype for it.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
But, according to what I read, this was originally made in '07 ('08?) for a movie festival (as an independant film).

Not sure if it's true or not, just what I read (I think it was Wikipedia where I read it).

Completly true, also the ending from the film festival was banned as it was too scary or something (makes no sense to me), so they added a whole new ending to this version and changed some other minor parts apparantly.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Well, in one of the endings, the girl goes up to the camera and slits her throat (makes more sense if you've seen the movie.).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.