General Parents put 3 month old in Washing Machine and turn it on (Video)

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
There's no way to know what the parents were thinking. Maybe they were trying to scare their kid into good behavior. Maybe they were just goofing around. Maybe they thought it would be funny -- there's a large sign hanging above the machines, saying "Junior Wash: $2.95." Whatever it was, it could have easily ended in tragedy.

In the silent footage from the laundromat's security camera, the dad scoops up the diaper-clad toddler, shoves him head first into the front-loading washer, and shuts the door. He and the mom seem amused at first, but panic quickly sets in when they realize that they can't get the washer door open. It's locked automatically, and the tot is trapped inside as the washer starts to run. (Warning: The video is disturbing).

Go here to watch the video.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
I can't blame them, this is exactly the kind of thing that I would do.

Aside: the washer locks and starts as soon as you close the door? Why?

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
I wonder what it is inside me that made me need to watch that video all the way through... weird.

That's some fucked up shit though. Glad the kid's okay.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Don't even need to watch the video! It's enough to read the thread title
Parents put 3 month old in Washing Machine and turn it on
'Think how insane that is!"

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Staff member
Natural selection.

ReVolver

Staff member
I can't blame them, this is exactly the kind of thing that I would do.

Aside: the washer locks and starts as soon as you close the door? Why?
Because, unlike having a human is inside the machine, it closes so idiots don't open it and have a nice flood in the area with all their clothes. Unlike dryers, where they open as much as they like, because people DO die going in dryers - smh

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Not what I meant. Why does it lock and start automatically when the door is first closed? Why isn't there a start button?

ReVolver

Staff member
Not what I meant. Why does it lock and start automatically when the door is first closed? Why isn't there a start button?
That's usually how they all work, and the same thing -- the dryers have a start button. :eek:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Why does it lock and start automatically when the door is first closed? Why isn't there a start button?
Maybe because they didn't think of someone would put a child in a Washing Machine. But yeah it's stupid! Well, there should be some kind of safety.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
lol, when i was younger playing hide and seek i hid in the washing machine but couldnt get the door closed. Called my mum and asked her to close it so no one would find me and she freaked out. ahah, hid me in the dryer instead and explained the difference. Great parents... ahaa ReVolver knows what he's talkin about :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm a bit worried about the future of data science, there's an influx of incompetent people hired by incompetent managers, that can't last. But I'm sure smart data scientists will always be useful and hireable. Same as smart security people.
  • jonas jonas:
    My sister in law worked in a vegan food truck, the owners were also making a killing, added several trucks and opened two restaurants over 5 years
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The CompTIA stuff is pretty much crap unfortunately. The places that ask for those low-level certs aren't likely places you want to work. For IT you really want a degree, but in the meantime you need to figure out some way to learn the skills. Cybersecurity is really hot right now so competition is fierce.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I realized I don't have anything much to say, other than "Good luck!". Compared to other places, I'm just very lucky we didn't have a lot of surges of cases coming in.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter just got back from school at Georgetown TX, outside of Austin and said there were 100 cases in the last week but she also said nobody was wearing a mask anywhere so people mask up and stay safe!
    +2
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    happy thanksgiving folks!
    +1
  • Ralle Ralle:
    PLOOB
  • Varine Varine:
    @Gyah Yeah I figured they aren't particularly valuable, but they'll at the least act as a baseline for some entry level work somewhere.
  • Varine Varine:
    I now see how horribly I spelled @Ghan
  • Varine Varine:
    I had a rough morning
  • The Helper The Helper:
    that field is going to explode and though there is competition there is going to be room for all levels in the coming years imho.
    Why are we competing for rough mornings? :(
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't want to compete for that, yall can have it.
  • Varine Varine:
    @The Helper I'm trying. Once I am more prepared to be figuring out school I'll probably ask for your advice
  • Varine Varine:
    Right now I'm just trying to get through the pandemic and figure out how I'm going to pay for it, and figure out what I need to get a job at Best Buy instead of a kitchen somewhere.
    oy just catching up on the discussion above. @Varine yeah I usually alternate between claritin & zyrtec, depending on whatever my body decides to reject at the time lol
    the more I use it the less effective it gets over time as my body accustoms to it so I try to not use it every day
  • S songbird:
    Glad to see some interest in the IS3 NUON reprint. :)
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Thank you Carl for making that happen that just might be the spark we need.
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm confused and amazed that NUON and TWV's news postings are the things still active.
  • Varine Varine:
    Or Tom Mai, not TWV
  • Varine Varine:
    Whatever happened to Cheshire? Or Firecat, whatever his real name was?
  • Varine Varine:
    I've been using both claritin and fexofenadine or something like that recently alternately and that's been kinda working, I don't feel like my face is going to explode at least. Eyes are still itchy as fuck though
    I dunno, haven't seen Firecat in a long while now.
    By the way, we have new file attachment size limits now.

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop