Pa's Blurr Ability Dota?

Destroyers

Reaction score
Hello

I am trying to make an Ability that resembles Blurr from Phantom Assassin in Dota.

I am stuck on how to make the hero become more transparent with each level of the Blurr ability. Can I please get some help ??

:banghead::nuts:

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Animation - Change vertexing colors to 100%, 100%, 100% and X% transparency. If u want only enemies to see her blury just let me know. I'll give u the trigger right away

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
I would like you, Igor_Z, to post the trigger. Lots of people could benefit from it (e.g. Me :D)

Besides, it saves me from starting a new thread.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
OMG... seach it up... a lot of threads I see are inquired about, but the poster never replies...... how many dead users are there??

but..

Animation - Change vertexing colors to 100%, 100%, 100% and X% transparency

yes.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Here is the trigger to make ur unit transparent only for enemies.. All allies will see it good, but enemies won't... Its in GUI, some 1 helped me made it, it is GUI with custom scripts in it. Have a look:

Code:
Transparency
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Transparency 
    Actions
        Set Transparency_Unit = (Learning Hero)
        Custom script:   if IsUnitEnemy (udg_Transparency_Unit, GetLocalPlayer ()) then
        Custom script:   call SetUnitVertexColorBJ(udg_Transparency_Unit, 255, 255, 255, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Transparency_Unit, 'A00K'))*225*.1)
        Custom script:   endif

It makes ur unit more transparent by 22.5 * LvL of your spell. U can modify it easily. A00K is the ID for my spell(It is based on Evasion)

Destroyers

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you for replying quickly to this thread, this will definately help and ty for the triggers.
:thup: :D

Destroyers

Reaction score
Shit ! Errors

Hey ty for the Triggers but I am a real newb and am still learning can u have a look and fix errors???? PLEASE? :banghead::nuts:

Attachments

• Pa.w3x
    87.9 KB · Views: 174

eXirrah

Reaction score
Code:
Transparency
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Transparency 
    Actions
        Set Transparency_Unit[COLOR="Red"][0][/COLOR] = (Learning Hero)
        Custom script:   if IsUnitEnemy (udg_Transparency_Unit[COLOR="YellowGreen"][0][/COLOR], GetLocalPlayer ()) then
        Custom script:   call SetUnitVertexColorBJ(udg_Transparency_Unit[COLOR="YellowGreen"][0][/COLOR], 255, 255, 255, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Transparency_Unit[COLOR="YellowGreen"][0][/COLOR], 'A00K'))*225*.1)
        Custom script:   endif

You use array so you must write the array index when using the custom script functions.

Destroyers

Reaction score
Cant enable the Trigger.

Ty for that i have now reduced the Errors to just one.

1 compiled error
Line 30:Expected a name

call SetUnitVertexColorBJ(udg_Transparency_Unit[0], 255, 255, 255, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Transpareney_Unit[0], 'A00K'))*255*.1)

Can you guys please help once more.

Attachments

• Pa.w3x
    88.1 KB · Views: 169

Destroyers

Reaction score
Dam wtf

Ahhhhhh!!!!

Ty i changed the code but ...

1 compiled error
Line 30:Expected a name

call SetUnitVertexColorBJ(udg_Transparency_Unit[0], 255, 255, 255, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Transpareney_Unit[0], 'A003'))*255*.1)

Still apears on my screen.

Any other suggestions?:banghead::nuts:

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
Idk. try saving it and Exiting out of your editor and reopening the map. sometimes that gets rid of the errors. well at least for me.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
AOOK!!! Thats not good... A00K, A zero zero K not OOK.. Try to do that. A00K(A zero zero K). Try that?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
lol you spelled transparency wrong.
Code:
Custom script:   call SetUnitVertexColorBJ(udg_Transparen[COLOR="Red"]e[/COLOR]y_Unit[0], 255, 255, 255, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Transparency_Unit[0], 'A00K'))*255*.1)

should be

Code:
Custom script:   call SetUnitVertexColorBJ(udg_Transparency_Unit[0], 255, 255, 255, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Transparency_Unit[0], 'A00K'))*255*.1)

Destroyers

Reaction score
Omg

OMG I can not believe it was that bloody simple, how embarassing now every knows I am hopeless at spelling. lol. :banghead:

Thank you for all your help and support with this problem.:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.