Patch 1.4.0 announced in PTR

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
only because its an easy build, the best terrans iv seen are capable of rushing thors/battleships by 5-10 mins

Please show me a replay of at least 1 pro-level player who rushes to thors + battlecruisers without playing a bronze opponent. . .

TvZ == Marine + Siege Tank + Few Thors against mass mutalisks + Ghosts against infestors
TvP == (MMM) Marine Marauder Medivac + Ghosts for emps + Viking against collosi + Raven for pdd or banshees
TvT == Siege Tank + Marine + Vikings for air control

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i was only meaning siege type, not specifically thors and battle cruisers, and i usually play zerg, and the only terran that beat me are the ones that go advanced tech not spam

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
just curious GFreak but what league are you?

and burrowing infestors to mind control the units on the other side is just useless as by the time your infestors get to the other side the battle wouldve finished and the terran probably wouldve won if your missing just that few infestors.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Sieged tanks have a range of 13, neural parasite has a range of 7. I don't see how keeping burrowed roaches would protect them though.

It could potentially work since terran don't usually have permanent detection but instead focus on scans mostly.

The problem is that the moment the Infestors unburrow, they will be shelled to death instantly by the siege tanks.

GFreak45

Reaction score
just curious GFreak but what league are you?

I only really play custom
and if i use infestors, usually i dont, i keep them ahead of my army, so they dont have to spend time getting in place, and if i can get some type of higher ground and neural every tank before they kill my infestors i win the fight almost every single time im successfull, usually there is some type of higher ground nearby

it requires a lot of good microing but generally if you can get gold on all the challenges its more than possible

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is that the moment the Infestors unburrow, they will be shelled to death instantly by the siege tanks.

I disagree. The tanks aren't waiting for the infestors to unburrow before they shoot. Move in with roaches, tanks shoot, unborrow and mind control. The cooldown of the attack is enough to do it. (I play zerg as well)

Just as a general notice, the infestors are mainly used for their infested terrans, then comes fungal and on last place is the neural parasite.

Why do you insist on nerualparasiting anyway ? There are tons of unused units in the current methagame. It is not a flaw by far. In every strategy game there is a number of builds which are just simply better than the rest, and they are used the most because people want to win.
Blizzard can't make every unit viable without limiting the player's options (for example you choose MMM in the beginning of the game and you can't transition out of it, you can make vikings but no tanks, thors and the likes) Why is generally mixing every unit in the game bad for balance ? Look at the 1-1-1 and it's efficiency against the protoss.

Having units who are not used as often is the price for not having heroes. In warcraft III your hero had a BIG impact on the unit composition you will have (for example Mountain king meant footman-rifle, Arch, meant the priest,sorc,spellbreaker + upgrade combo [I have played a bit of wc3, but enough to get to a decent position in the ladder and abuse the human race])

GFreak45

Reaction score
i dont, i was only saying it still has its uses but people actually have to use strategy now

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Actually most of my comment was to cornface ^_^

I am pretty sure that after legacy of the void SCII will be in it's full glory- with more units, builds and possibilities than ever. Still, this is some years from now ^_^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.