Patch 1.5 Open Beta is now live. Featuring open games list.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The patch notes can be found here.

So contrary to the alpha, there's now an open games list, which is awesome. Some of the other changes I'm looking forward to are the following:

• Items can now display range indicators and AoE targeting cursors when in target mode in custom games.
  • Support has been added for custom unit status bars.
  • New Trigger Dialog item types have been added: Tooltip, Unit Status, Unit Status Bar, Unit Status Duration Bar, Portrait, Unit Model, Offscreen Unit, Unit Target
  • Support has been added to allow mod makers to control the UI for observers, and to control the behavior of individual dialog items when observing.
  • Behavior modifications can now be upgraded.
  • New data types have been added:
    • Army Categories
    • Army Units
    • Army Upgrades
    • Bank Conditions
    • Characters
    • Heroes
    • Hero Abilities
    • Hero Statistics
    • Locations
    • Maps
    • Objectives
    • Physics Materials
    • Preload
    • Tactical AI Cooldown
    • User Types
  • Support has been added for multiple layer selection operations (see Layer >> Select From).
  • (I could go on forever, I'll just write a couple more)
  • A new player property has been added to disallow resource splitting when players drop from a game.
  • Array sizes may now be defined using constant integer variables.
  • New support has been added to the Trigger Debug Window for breakpoints, stepping through functions, and variable inspection.
  • New support has been added for passing structure, array, and function references as function parameters.
  • Galaxy error message output has been improved.
Some of these were in the alpha as well, but they're very nice nonetheless.

Juggie

Reaction score
  • New support has been added for passing structure, array, and function references as function parameters.
Could someone please enlighten me on what these references are and how do I reference these "objects"? I downloaded the beta and it still didn't allow me to pass structures or arrays as arguments, so I'm wondering how to use this new feature of galaxy.
Also bulk copy still doesn't seem to be in, so what's the point of using structs anyway?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
From what I heard back in the alpha, there's no GUI support for those references yet. I haven't had time to download the beta yet so the last news I have about these references are from the alpha.

Renee2islga from SC2Mapster did some great work messing around with the references and came up with the following: 1, 2

Here's the example code:
Code:
bool aFunction(int a, fixed b)
{
    //123
    return true;
}

bool anotherFunction(int c, fixed d)
{
    //123
    return true;
}

funcref<aFunction> aFuncRef=aFunction;

struct aStruct {
    int a;
    funcref<aFunction> anotherFuncRef;
};

void doSomething()
{
    aFuncRef(1,2);
    aFuncRef=anotherFunction;
    aFuncRef(5,6);
}

//See Blow: void doSomeOtherThing(structureref<aStruct> stru)

void doSomeOtherThing(structref<aStruct> stru)
{
    stru.anotherFuncRef=anotherFunction;
    stru.anotherFuncRef(6,5);
}

Juggie

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The function and struct references are great. Couldn't find any info on how to use array references, but I guess I can live without them for now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.