Patch 3.0

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is when patch 3.0 is launched, and the end of season 4.

Anyone else excited for new talent trees?
Or is anyone disappointed at this, and/or quitting WoW.

Spirit Wolves ftw :p

I personally like the new talents, will make leveling a hell of a lot easier. Plus inscription will make enchants easier to sell.

Discuss

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Haha. I've been waiting for this patch for a long time. I was also considering cancelling my subscription today also. We'll see what I do.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Haha. I've been waiting for this patch for a long time. I was also considering cancelling my subscription today also. We'll see what I do.

Why are people hating on this patch so much, im actually gonna enjoy the new things :p

Warhammer has possesed me.

Oninuva, seriously, dude, gtfo of the WoW section with all your Warhammer shit, or your going to get a -rep punch to the face for constantly spamming it (in my opinion), in the wrong area.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Oninuva, seriously, dude, gtfo of the WoW section with all your Warhammer shit, or your going to get a -rep punch to the face for constantly spamming it (in my opinion), in the wrong area.

I think talking about WoW's biggest rival game is acceptable in a WoW forum, especially in a thread where you ask if anyone is quitting WoW.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I think talking about WoW's biggest rival game is acceptable in a WoW forum, especially in a thread where you ask if anyone is quitting WoW.

Sorry, i guess i did go a little off the handle there. Its late, i had a whole book (350 pages, 8 chapter summaries, 25 vocab words, 5 quotes) to do today, and it was my moms bday, i was stressed. But i guess if you look at it from that view then yea. I was just taking my perspective from the multiple times hes spammed about WAR being some much better in so many ways, and how he is playing that not WoW, and being off topic about it. (Biggest time was here, in which it lasted 3 pages of a graphics dispute :p)

Getting back on topic:

I love how shammies are finally getting hex, make getting into raids easier for now having cc.

Spirit wolves i heard do 450 dps, which is good, considering fury Warriors dual wield 2 handers now :thdown:

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Spirit wolves i heard do 450 dps, which is good, considering fury Warriors dual wield 2 handers now :thdown:

considering warriors natural ability to hit is 25% miss chance on main hand and 60% chance to miss on offhand

and spirit wolves do 200dps and tbh are really useless, like most of the new talents however good they sound

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

What your problem.. you ask if anyone

Or is anyone disappointed at this, and/or quitting WoW.

So your point is fail.

Besides I hardly post in this site anymore. Maybe two or three times a week so I don't know what you callin spam.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next poster not talking about the WoW 3.0 patch will not like what will happen.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Well didnt get to play yesterday.

Uber server traffic = WoW down most of the day.

But, Today i did, and WOW. Major Hance buffing, plus they reduced the 60-70 exp needed, and im liking it :p

Also the new login screen, i gotta say, its orgasmic. I love the buttons, i think they look delicious :p

What else...Inscribe is epic win, SW harbor is massive, hm, dont know what else to say, besides that the new patch is great :thup:
Next poster not talking about the WoW 3.0 patch will not like what will happen.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Reinstalled WoW the other week in prep for WotLK. Updated from patch 2.0 > 2.4 which was like 1GB. Then patch 3.0... 1.2GB. Guess i'll be saving my bandwidth for now (only 40GB in peak hours, but 110GB off-peak :) ).

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
The UI pretty much looks only different because they added more icons to the bar, like a quick tab to view your achievements and pvp. And you no longer need to carry wsg marks, but you can if you'd like to.

But yeah, the login screen is changed, the music is changed, and some other stuff too. They also added Northrend to the map already.

I am disappointed with some stuff, but happy with others. It seems like blizzard is imbalancing more rather than balancing things. :\ They have some cool stuff though, like knockbacks, but I wonder if that can be manipulated. :p

The harbor is pretty cool. I like it because my home is stormwind so I can just go there whenever I want to do cross-continental traveling.

The new shadowmeld is kind of weird though. I liked it better when it could be more manipulated xD (eating and drinking while shadowmelded) now it is basically like a vanish that has a 2 minute cooldown but you can't move) It is good for getting hunters off and as long as you keep your distance it can be useful in pvp at times, but they can just walk to that point because you are pretty much immobilized until you want to unstealth.

Hex will be awesome, it will finally be a good CC for shammies.

considering warriors natural ability to hit is 25% miss chance on main hand and 60% chance to miss on offhand

Yep, it has an increased 15% chance to miss so yeah. I think Titan's Grip is still useful though, you can just wield it with a shield too, but I think I'd spec prot if I wanted to wield a shield.

and spirit wolves do 200dps and tbh are really useless, like most of the new talents however good they sound

Nah, spirit wolves are still useful because it is good to just deal dps to a caster just to have their cast bar occasionally go down due to damage being dealt, unless they like specced to reduce the chance. They are still good at least to keep a person on their toes when being kited. xP

----

Overall, the patch is pretty cool. I'm not going to get to enjoy it though until december.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Nah, spirit wolves are still useful because it is good to just deal dps to a caster just to have their cast bar occasionally go down due to damage being dealt, unless they like specced to reduce the chance. They are still good at least to keep a person on their toes when being kited. xP.

Casters bars only get knocked back twice by the same target now, and its reduced knockback, and also.. thats only vs casters.. and for pvp.. so their pretty useless

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Casters bars only get knocked back twice by the same target now, and its reduced knockback, and also.. thats only vs casters.. and for pvp.. so their pretty useless

They do good damage, they stun, they taunt, they heal as they damage, they sprint (affects the shaman as well), they look cool, and they scare nubs in PvP.

So...STFUTHX.

:rolleyes:

Edit:
I've been PvPing lately on my shaman, and I've noticed that some people have figured out the wolves are CC'able (mostly by AoE fear). Although at first I found this annoying, I realized with some footwork this could work to my advantage. If I first lay grounding totem, then send my wolves on a target (while standing outside of fear range), they do one of three things:

1. Get too excited and fear the wolves, blowing their CD. Grounding totem breaks fear and the wolves are back on, then I go in and bloody my weapons :thup:
2. If they pay attention, they destroy the grounding totem and fear. The wolves are feared, but the fear CD is blown, and I can go in.
3. Something else :p

I still love em.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.