Patching with Warcraft 3

Holygiant

Reaction score
This is the most frustrating problem i have ever had in my life

Since May, I've been trying to get these discs I had of Rain of Chaos/Frozen Throne to work. These discs are scratched and chipped, so they freeze mid-download. They were old discs.

So I bought a THIRD battle chest. This is a newer edition of it, with cool installing screens and such. I can download RoC fine, but then I can't patch Battle.net because it's missing war3.mpq.

It tells me to contact Blizzard but that appears very difficult to do. I have reinstalled RoC about 5 times and it's still giving me this crap.

On a side note, The Frozen Throne refuses to cooperate. It seems to think I have already installed it, as it has 'Play Frozen Throne' at the top button. When I click this it will run RoC.

I am in desperate need of help! Going crazy trying to figures this out. I will thank you very very much to whoever can fix my problem!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You don't need discs anymore. You can go onto Battle.net, use your CD-Keys (and an email) to download the game. Install the game, and then do a manual patch (to the latest patch) and voila.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.