Path of Exile

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
First off, let me say that I know there was another thread about this...in 2010. So I didn't want to necropost.

Path of Exile is a "Hardcore Action RPG" In other words, Diablo. It has the same feel as Diablo does, however that is not necessarily a bad thing (Unless you don't like Diablo) The only real differene that I could fine at PAX was the skill system.

When you level up you get a skill point, this branches of into many many different things, although mainly non castable.
To get the castable skills you need gems. The gems are dropped randomly (The dungeons and stuff are all randomed too) And you have to put the gem into a socket of your item to gain that skill. They do depend on your stats, but still, with this system a warrior could get fireball, a skill usually set aside for mage classes. it is a neat concept and allows you to deviate from the path quite a bit of normal character skills.

I had the chance to play this at PAX (I was very intrigued due to it's Diablo look) and it was pretty fun. They were giving out Closed Beta keys and I have yet to try it at home, but plan on it.

Anyone else play this game or have input?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am in the beta, OMFG This game is fucking epic, most innovative game I have played in my life. There are a few key systems you have missed, like the refillable flasks, trade system and the pvp server orientated spirit.

The game is in early beta. The first 2 chapters are made in terms of level desighn, only the first one has quests though. The second one has some temporary quests. The level desighn and look of the game is amazing, the battle system is the classic hack and slash with a few (epic) innovations.

This will be an amazing game once it is finished : ) Interested in some screens ?

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Didn't remember everything haha, just played for 10 minutes at PAX. Now that I installed the beta, yes it is amazing. The refillable flasks is an awesome touch. I'm not much into PvP so I don't really care much about that, nor have I traded anything haha. I'm just focusing on unlocking all the content and testing everything out. The fact that everything is free is also amazing!
Kinda sad the Sell feature isn't available yet though :(

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Is there any way for me to get into the beta?

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Sign up for it and they will be inviting players in waves much like Starcraft 2 did and D3 will do.
It's random pickings so just hope for the best!
I think soon they might be allowing some people in the beta to be able to invite some people also

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The only minus to the game is that it is in REALLY early stage. There will be big updates soon. This is looking really nice. I have been 2 times in party's for now... The help is really huge and I can see how they will be a requirement on higher levels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.