Pause/Unpause like in Dragon Age, Baldurs Gate

LoveRPG

Reaction score
Hello guys, back from a long time of being away! So I want to be able to pause the game, similar to Dragon age. Now, the "game->pause/unpause" freeze the game completly, so does the "Unit->Pause/unpause all units". I would like to be able to plan future moves and press other characters and plan their moves as well, basically the same as Dragon age...

So any responses or thoughts about this is very appreciated. Thanks a bunch for taking your time!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck.
Is probably not going to work. I say "probably" because maybe you are crazy enough to build a gigantic jass library which wraps and stores all unit commands and replaces the orders given by players.
But this sounds highly unlikely unless you are both a gifted programmer and a person with too much spare time.

LoveRPG

Reaction score
Unfortuneately neither too much spare time or a very good programmer :p But is it maybe possible to modify what speed the different game speeds are? Maybe make "slowest" be 0.01 and "fastest" be 1? 0.01 speed would certainly suffice.

At any rate, a combination of changing Slowest/fast and Pause/unpause units will provide almost what is needed.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. Not possible.

If you really want to try this then I would advice you to have 2 copies of each unit in the game, one of them can not do anything and only has dummy buttons.
When the game is paused you switch all units with the second, dummy version which can not do anything.

Whenever a command is given to any of those dummy units you have to remember it.
You also have to remember the command which the unit previously had before it was switched out.

When the game is unpaused you have to switch all units back to the first version and issue the commands which you have saved for them.
Note however that this might break things like buffs, and auto-targeting, missles that are being fired, and possibly some custom abilities.

Best advice I can give you: Dont waste your time with this. If you are really eager then learn coding in a "real" programming language and make your own game. The world editor has its limits and its a bad idea to try to force yourself beyond those limits.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could perhaps use a dummy unit with the Slow aura ability. Set movement and attack speed to -9999 (or whatever the max is).

For spells, which could still be utilized even though the have no attack or movement speed, you could perhaps set all units mana to 0 as well, and somehow reset it when the game "unpause".

Haven't thought further than that, so there are probably a whole bunch of issues which will occur.

Reaction score
Best advice I can give you: Dont waste your time with this. If you are really eager then learn coding in a "real" programming language and make your own game. The world editor has its limits and its a bad idea to try to force yourself beyond those limits.

That's why he named himself with LoveRPG instead of LoveRTS...:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.