Peasant walk trough buildings and no one els.

Exuro.

Reaction score
nope didnt work..

really no way to make a unit go trough everything except doodads?

Exuro.

Reaction score
The aura is a good thing, but people would just place em close to doodads so they could slip trough

think JASS could do this?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure JASS can do anything, but I have no/uber little experience with it.
And if they want to waste there gold doing that just to get around a Doodad, that's pretty silly, IMO.

EDIT: How's them building near a Doodad really going to do anything anyways?
If they're using it to get away from a vampire, there's a building time = dead anyways.

Exuro.

Reaction score
they will place the building there in the beginning, run trough the doodad and build their base on the other side, untouched by the vamps

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
There's boundaries?
And to fix that just make a line of trees around the outside of map, you can't build ON trees anwyays :p .

Exuro.

Reaction score
heh, i alrdy told ya in beginning.. you spawn in a area with 50x50 doodads which you can destroy with ranged abilities. so they would just make a hole behind some doodads, and build tower, and run trough. then the vamps cant touch em as they cant run trough doodads :)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Just make the border trees invulnerable.
Oh wait.
Wait...
If you spawn in 50x50 you can just stand in the middle and not get attacked anyway :confused: :nuts: ?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Oh.
Maybe have an invisible ground unit that checks if it can get to the tower from outside the square every 5 seconds or whatever, and destroys blocking Doodads if it can't get in?
That would prevent hiding.

EDIT: Sort of like pathing checkers in TD's.

Exuro.

Reaction score
well...

if you now had 30 towers in there..

then that pathing thingie would have to run to each single one (god knows how to detect em all when they get build and destroyed etc) and it would have to be able to walk trough buildings, but detect doodads so it could destroy it, which leads to the same problem as we have now hehe

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Maybe make it before you can build, check if one of the outer doodads is destroyed.
If you're building two units in, check if outside is gone;
If you're building three units in, check if outside+next doodad in is gone;
etc.

Exuro.

Reaction score
well what if they destroyed the doodads in zigzag heh, would be impossible i think to detect it all to a working trigger. i tried earlier with something similar but quickly found out it werent possible..

1 solution that would work is by removing the ranged abilities so they cant destroy a doodad behind another doodad, but that would make the progress so slow, and the vamps would have to wait like 5 minutes before getting to action

Exuro.

Reaction score
60 seconds is way to little time.. atm with the ranged the vamps wait 2½ minute.

so with melee that time should almost be doubled heh..

is it possible to build something from range? like a channeling?

Exuro.

Reaction score
hehe well in normal maps you can start building straight away.. this map you make your hole base layout yourself, and then start building..

look at the screenshots:
Link

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Oh,
If anything I think the time should be less since you don't have to wait to cast a spell though?
And if you make the thing a spell, reduce the cooldown so then the vampire can still spawn sooner.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.