People who use TVs/large monitors (24+) for computer use

Lightstalker

Reaction score
SO I just recently bought a 25.5" acer monitor, and I can't read anything on websites because everything is written too small. I changed the DPI (font size) to 200% with windowsxp-style scaling (i use Vista) but still cant see much.

Help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What's the resolution set to? I run at 1920x1200 on a 26" monitor and it's not hard to read. Your web browser should have a font size increasing feature. In IE, it's in the menu somewhere or CTRL+mouse scroll wheel for font size, and CTRL+(+/-) for zoom.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
What's the resolution set to? I run at 1920x1200 on a 26" monitor and it's not hard to read. Your web browser should have a font size increasing feature. In IE, it's in the menu somewhere or CTRL+mouse scroll wheel for font size, and CTRL+(+/-) for zoom.

I run on the native resolution which is also 1920x1200. I know CTRL + +/mouse wheel will increase size but is there a way to make it permanent? I don't want to be pressing CTRL++ every time I open-up a new page.

Also I use Chrome for a web browser.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it just website which you can't read?

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Yep pretty much because I changed the default Windows font size in the control panel. Also I didn't say, but I stand about 6-8 feet from my monitor. :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try a different browser?
There are 'Fonts and Language' settings in Chrome. Go to Options, and look through the 'Under the Hood' tab.

I've got a 26" TV, and I'm using a resolution of 1360x768. Everything's fine for me.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Oooh didn't know that. Anyway, I just tried it (changing font size in Chrome) and it doesn't appear to have done anything at all. :(

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could try and decrease the resolution of your screen and see if that helps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.