"Perfect" building placement

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
We all know the deal... poor Daisy the Drone gets send out early game for that all-important scouting mission.
Only to find out that stupid Terran actually walled off his base's ramp with those "fancy" Supply Depots.

Naturally, you start to wonder what kind of placements, structures, cliffs, corners or other parts allow for what type or size of units to pass. Or not to pass anymore.

Which may or may not make a difference for that early 10 Sentries + 3 Immortals that meet your 5 Zerglings two minutes into the game.

As every so often, turns out someone already did precisely that research.
As usual, in great detail:
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/thread/520172-research-building-walls

I'm not exactly sure I'll remember to try for that Reaper-proof Pylon placement, but, well, the required info is out there.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Tried this today and it was good except for one aspect, void ray rushing... By the time these defenses are up you aren't able to have a lot of AA units unless you've expanded, which is hard when doing this.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
If your Apm is decent enough (meaning your not sitting back and relaxing at any point) You can counter Void rays by simply pumping marines with stim.
However i have yet to study the timing attacks behind such a push so i can't really be sure about this.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
In your guys's opinion, what's the best way to counter terran supply block in early ling rushes?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
In your guys's opinion, what's the best way to counter terran supply block in early ling rushes?

depends how early - very early and they aren't done building yet/don't have any marines and you can sneak in, "medium" early and your screwed - don't suicide your army vs their bunkers/supply depos, "late" early and you transport them in overlords to where they don't see you land

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
depends how early - very early and they aren't done building yet/don't have any marines and you can sneak in, "medium" early and your screwed - don't suicide your army vs their bunkers/supply depos, "late" early and you transport them in overlords to where they don't see you land

I see what you mean. Hmm. Thanks.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

The one defense terran has against the zerg rush and you're thinking of ways to counter it? You evil man you...

The way I do is though is to 8 pool.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I should also add - if they just wall off their base completely, regardless of who they are, that means you have map control, while they don't even get their natural expansion - you should be able to expo freely and harass them if they do leave their base

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I should also add - if they just wall off their base completely, regardless of who they are, that means you have map control, while they don't even get their natural expansion - you should be able to expo freely and harass them if they do leave their base

Well supply depots can recede into the ground so their units can walk over it.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Lings with speed. I need not say more.

Trying to break the terran's wall that early in the game would only waste your valuable resources (When your lings finally break through They're either going to be at least critical health and would die before they can do any lasting damage.).Also worker units can put up a fight en masse and with good micro.Don't forget about that.

Instead try to contain him in his main by guarding his natural and taking as much more expansions as you can to speed up your resource income.Also macro as much as possible.By the time he does move out of his base if you did everything right you will have an army that will basically run him over.At the very least it would set him behind economically.(Provided he didn't lift expanded)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The thing is, they get reapers much faster than you get speed lings.... That's what I'm poking at. Sure, you may be RESEARCHING speed, but they've already GOT reapers. GG.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
spine crawlers those reapers. Or roach. Sevion let's play!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.