Periodic damage through Create Persistent effects

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Ah, so many questions...

Aaaaaaaaanyway... the troublesome Data Editor rears its ugly, complicated head once more. I've run into some awful bother trying to apply a periodic damage effect to my Phoenix Fire clone - currently, I have a Damage Effect set up to do 3 damage (with no Armor Reduction) which is associated with a Create Persistent effect that should tick 3 times (at 0.000, 1.000, 2.000 +1sec delay). This is applied together with an Apply Behaviour effect and another Damage effect (both of which work, affected units are damaged and acquire the debuff).

Apart from the damage amounts and names, my two Damage Effects are identical and I can't see anything obviously wrong with the Create Persistent effect... any idea what the hell is going on with it?

Attachments

• Create Persistent.png
    Create Persistent.png
    191.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Periodic Damage.png
    Periodic Damage.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 226

Severon

Reaction score
If I had my quess(which I obviously do) it might be with the second picture. Its easier to just attack a image(sorry don't know how to make it a thumbnail).

I believe it has to do with one of those fields down there, that need to let it know who it is suppose to damage. without those(or one of those, idk which) I don't think it has anyone to damage

Attachments

• temp.bmp
    207.2 KB · Views: 289

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Bleh, should've updated the post last night... I managed to fix it yesterday (sorry :p), but I really don't understand what I had changed aside from 'relocating' my Initial Damage effect from being part of the Set effect, to being the Effect - Initial of my Create Persistent effect, and tweaking the Period field (from 0, 1, 2 with a 1sec delay, to a single period of 1)

Thanks for the response though - while I don't understand the vast majority of fields around, I would've assumed that the Validator fields are completely optional, so a blank Impact Unit Validator would result in no conditions being required for the Effect to follow through.

As regards thumbnail images when attaching the files, my guess would be the file format - I don't upload images directly to TH often, but I think all the ones I have uploaded are using the .png format, whereas you're using .bmp... just a hunch though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.