• I Prefer all of the options

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I never really notice

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Many of us here read and write (if you don't I don't know why your in this section...) 'Persons' are the point of views for the story, or literature. Mainly their are 3 points of view. (There is 4 if you really want to get technically...) So which is your favorite to read or write in?

For those who don't know which they write in here is the basic index

1st Person
Is usually found in most diary, journals and sometimes Novels. Although it is not preferred to write in this point of view because it may bore the readers it is still a fun way to write.

(Singular) I am
(Plural) We are

2nd Person
Is usually found in most descriptive poetry or literature. It also found in most textbook (if you haven't noticed). Although this is the least preferred point of view, it is still important to address your readers.

(Singular) You are
(Plural) You Guys, You lot, Y'all

3rd Person
The most common writing style in any literature of any genre. 3rd person is mainly preferred because there is an all knowing narrator and the entire scene can be written and known

(Singular) We are
(Plural) They are

Limited 3rd Person
Like first person, you only know what one person is thinking - but they are not the narrator

4th Person
Sometimes used for the category of indefinite or generic referents, that work like one in English phrases such as "one should be prepared" or people in people say that..., when the grammar treats them differently from ordinary third-person forms.

So which is your favorite to write in

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I voted for 3rd person, simply because of the type of things which I write. I mean, it wouldn't sound very good when one is writing a story which is supposed to be scientific, and one is always using words like 'I' and 'you.'
So which is your favorite to write in
In which to write :rolleyes:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Kind of depends for what kind of literature, and theme you are going.

But usually I like to feel like I'm in whatever I'm reading, so 1st Person from me =D

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
3rd Omniscient for the win..

I've never really seen a solid 2nd person narrative, though.

First person is good, but really only in certain types of stories, where the main character's psychology is one of the highlights, IMHO.

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Definitely 3rd person. I have never tried writing a story using 1st person though. I might do just that someday.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Third-person limited is my favorite; first-person feels weird to write in, and third-person omniscent is too broad, and too difficult to hide the feelings of the other characters as the narrarator can see into everyone's heads. Second-person is really only good in those "Make Your Own Adventure!" Goosebumps books from when I was a little kid, and I've never heard of fourth-person POV.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I like the 1st person. It is my weed, and I am going to smoke it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Nor have I. I was just hiding my ignorance. :)

4th person really doesn't exist, because its actually mostly 3rd person with some 1st person in it but some people do write in it... Its sometimes used when writing speeches, etc.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that Bud and Kev are two pen names for the writer dubbed Keven.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
First person.

Third person is not bad, but it feels like you are sitting there watching whats going on.

In first, you are in whats going on, you know everything about that character. I love darker themes and I feel that when in first person everything feels darker, becuase you are not looking at the whole objectively, you are looking at everything subjectively.

----

You didn't include third person limited and third person omnisent(sp?)

limited: like first person, you only know what one person is thinking - but they are not the narrorator

other one I can't spell: you know what everyone is thinking.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I added Limited as a subcategory to the chart but if you going to vote for limited might as well vote for 3rd person :p

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that Bud and Kev are two pen names for the writer dubbed Keven.

I hope you aren't suggesting that I would compliment myself on something I wrote, because that's just plain insulting. If you're not, I am a lil' stoned, and I may have just read what you wrote, wrong. But Bud and I are two seperate fellas.

Besides, my name is Kevin, not Keven. Word out, writers.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
I would very much like to know who voted 2nd person.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.