General PETA kills more than 95 percent of pets in its care

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Documents published online this month show that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an organization known for its uncompromising animal-rights positions, killed more than 95 percent of the pets in its care in 2011.

The documents, obtained from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, were published online by the Center for Consumer Freedom, a non-profit organization that runs online campaigns targeting groups that antagonize food producers.

Fifteen years’ worth of similar records show that since 1998 PETA has killed more than 27,000 animals at its headquarters in Norfolk, VA.

In a February 16 statement, the Center said PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year, finding homes for only 24 pets.

Last edited:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This is actually pretty old news. I remember a few years ago finding a chart showing PETA's kill/save rates in Pie Chart form or something like that.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
They may euthanize them, [del]lying bastards; But we all knew that anyway![/del] but at least they don't EAT them See, that's kind of important part.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ahahahaahhahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Irony at it's finest.

FireCat

Reaction score
pink goop meat from an undisclosed source! :D
Hmm Undisclosed sources? No it isn't :shades:

McDonald’s Will Stop Using Pink Goop Beef in Its Burgers
Chef Jamie Oliver calls it pink slime. We feel it's more like pink goop. Either way, the ammonium hydroxide soaked pink crap beef is vomit inducing. Thankfully, you won't have to eat it anymore. Kind of. McDonald's has finally caved to the pressure and will ditch the use of the pink goop beef in its burgers.

What's gross about the pink goop beef, made by Beef Products Inc (BPI), is that it's actually made of of "beef trimmings" which are the undesirable, leftover crap of a cow that's better fit for dogs than humans. Taking it one step further, the beef trimmings are then processed and soaked in ammonium hydroxide and churned into ground beef. Agh, it's disgusting to even think about. This pink goop beef actually makes up a sickening 70% of America's ground beef!

It's taken a while but McDonald's has finally decided to step up its standards in the US (it never used pink goop meat in the UK) and will no longer use the pink BPI meat in the US of A. It might taste fine but pink goop meat is so bad that US Department of Agriculture microbiologist Geral Zirnstein doesn't even consider "the stuff to be ground beef" and considers "allowing it in ground beef to be a form of fraudulent labeling." Oof. And we enjoy this madness.

Joining McDonald's in the pink crap ban is Burger King and Taco Bell which means we can breathe a sigh of relief as we won't be eating ammonium hydroxide soaked beef and beef trimmings fit for dogs when we want to eat crappy fast food. Quality you can't taste.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
They may euthanize them, [del]lying bastards; But we all knew that anyway![/del] but at least they don't EAT them See, that's kind of important part.

I dunno, in my eyes it'd be better if they were eaten because at least then one life would be helping to sustain another - circle of life, 'n all. Killing the animals and dumping them in a hole or cremating them just seems even more wrong to me.

FireCat

Reaction score
in my eyes it'd be better if they were eaten because at least then one life would be helping to sustain another - circle of life, 'n all..
First of all, they are not food sources, they never will be ! Second, they shouldn't be killed at all. It's crap PETA didn't worked hard enough to find a home for them.
And there's nothing wrong to cremating poor pets at all. Well, they wouldn't be abused anymore. That's for sure! Btw: They can always eat crowded meat Frankenburger if they wish.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, in my eyes it'd be better if they were eaten because at least then one life would be helping to sustain another - circle of life, 'n all. Killing the animals and dumping them in a hole or cremating them just seems even more wrong to me.

Thats still the case. There are probably enough rats, bacteria, flies and other vermin which will feed on their carcasses.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Thats still the case. There are probably enough rats, bacteria, flies and other vermin which will feed on their carcasses.

If they were buried that's sure to be the case, but any cremated animal is just a waste of life.

And to Firecat, if I'm not supposed to eat them then why are they made out of meat? Dunno why it's okay to keep a pig as a pet and eat those but the same don't apply to other pets.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If they were buried that's sure to be the case, but any cremated animal is just a waste of life.

And to Firecat, if I'm not supposed to eat them then why are they made out of meat? Dunno why it's okay to keep a pig as a pet and eat those but the same don't apply to other pets.

No matter what they do with the dead body, the vitamins and nutritions are still there. At least partly. Well i guess not the vitamins but its still nutritious. Insects and bacteria will have a fest.

@FireCat:
The fungus in my cheese is also a living creature, it is even eaten alive and nobody is complaining about it.
Have you ever watched how they prepare prawns? They throw them into the barbecue alive and when they try to jump out into safety they hold them in. Looks pretty brutal but tastes delicious.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
First of all, they are not food sources, they never will be ! Second, they shouldn't be killed at all. It's crap PETA didn't worked hard enough to find a home for them.
And there's nothing wrong to cremating poor pets at all. Well, they wouldn't be abused anymore. That's for sure! Btw: They can always eat crowded meat Frankenburger if they wish.

ಠ_ಠ

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.