Petition For Artwork

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
No this is not the petition just to get that straight its just a thread on everyones opinion
Ok so heres the story I got off of G4TV
There was a petition going around with about 55,000 signatures to change the artwork for diablo 3...I mean come on its not horrible artwork, i like it, and if they did change it think of how much longer we would have to wait for the release of it

What do you guys think?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I doubt Blizzard would change the graphics this far into the process. But if they truly listen to the fans, they'll do something with the artwork. I have a feeling the petition is not creditable though.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When has Blizzard every let us down before..?

They've never let me down, their games always get better and better. What if they kept the art styles of Warcraft 2 exactly the same in Warcraft 3? It definitely would not have been as good, but I'm sure people still thought it should have been the same during production.

Blizzard knows what they're doing and you just have to wait till the game comes out to be amazed. :thup:

Reaction score
I think the graphics are tight. No need for repetitive blood tiles all along the ground through out the map.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
agreed i just think people want what they dont got, its human nature, and they got a new artowrk so they want the old one. i actually think the new graphics look really cool, and also, where it said it was wai to bright, if u look at the art for New Tristram it looks dark to me ^^

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i think they should change their graphic - it's too happy and it's lost all the diablo effect from the diablo 1&2 which was dark & creepy

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I think that the graphics are pretty sweet from what we have been able to see so far. A few pictures may look a bit non-diablo'ish, however the overall feel hasnt changed much. You never know, they might be keeping all the gory and bloody scenery until later, so they can surprise us all. :p

P.S: Did anyone read the article in the link 2-P posted? If not, read this:

Sure, it didn't blow any minds, but the announcement came as welcome news. Diablo II is still the first thing I install on my computer after a trojan-laden lolita incest hentai comic forces me to reformat. It's hard to believe that in the last eight years no one has been able to step in and create a better action-rpg. It's even harder to believe that a ten year old girl can lubricate her entire body with egg yolks then squirm into the urethra of her mother's penis and follow it until she returns to the womb, but I saw the drawings. It can happen, people.

Um WTF! Thats just plain weird. lol.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Yea i read that to, its pretty messed up but still, its funny...and maybe true

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
:O The Diablo 3 art director resigned yesterday.

Wow. Suddenly resigns to start his own business... hmm.

Anywho, ive been reading up on this "colour controversy" thing. It seems as though some fans are way too serious about the whole thing. I was looking at the before and after pictures, of what they game looks like and what fans thought it should look like. I have to admit, separately, the ones by the fans look pretty good (very diablo'ish). However, When you read on about what the diablo team is trying to accomplish with this colour contrasting, the pictures by blizzard seem to make a lot more sense.

I think the fans should just chill for the time being and wait for the final product. All blizzard are trying to do is create a better gaming environment that will keep you playing even when you are failing miserably.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i agree with kenny. people always make quick judgments. like seriously, the game has just been released and people are flaming it. they also said that even tho the art director left they r NOT going to change it and necro isnt coming back

oh and a bit off-topic, if there r only 5 races id be pissed, they better make it like d2 where the expansion has more races >=\

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
oh and a bit off-topic, if there r only 5 races id be pissed, they better make it like d2 where the expansion has more races >=\

Definately. I was a bit upset when i heard there was only going to be 5 races. I thought they would take it one step further than diablo II and make like 8-10 races. But oh well, these 5 races better be kick ass or many people may be upset. Blizzard will need to incorporate all the likable things about the Diablo II races into the 5 races of Diablo III to ensure their fan base doesn't just dissappear. Which due to the current publicity doesn't seem to unrealistic. Sad really.

/offtopic

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
they still got my vote ^^

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
^ i bet they are probably gonna make an expansion to diablo 3 with more characters added(they have to motivate u somehow :))

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Anyways, I doubt they will change the artwork this far into development because a few angry 15 year olds didn't get the exact same environment as the last game. I personally feel that these graphics are amazing along with the physics engine. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.