Phoenix fire icone problemm

Gev

Reaction score
Here is a problem that i cant solv working on it more then a houer.
I have changed the phoenix fire (random attacking pasive aura) for hero use. And the problem is that there is no icone of that skill. Allso there is some other skills like magic resistance that whas item ability and i have changed it for hero use and that skill allso dosnt have icone. No matter what i do in skill statistics, the icone ceeps being invisible.
What to do?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
there should be a field for icon... Research, Normal, and i think Turnon/Turnoff...

make sure something is in those fields...

Gev

Reaction score
all that icones are set the same Cluster rockets. Normal, research and turn off.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Well Channel is the only ability that can be made to appear invisible on the UI using settings, so the only other explanation I can think of is the hero hasn't got the ability. Care to upload?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
does the ability even work on the hero?
try changing it to a different model..

Gev

Reaction score
Yes it is. I got the pasive invisible, claivouiance and many other skills that work veary fine but the icone is missing. May be the icones soudnt be same?

Gev

Reaction score
no that not helping. Here the skills. The phoenix fire, Neutral pasive Invisability, Clairboynce (trousight), and many other pasive item abilitys. I think that there is some string that im missing. Im not a pro on this )

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Ahem. Curo to the rescue.

Item abilities and Phoenix Fire, along with some others, NEVER show icons. You will need to create a dummy ability (based off 0% evasion or something) that adds an icon to your hero when the Phoenix Fire/Item ability is learned for the first time.

Then you need to level up the icon-dummy ability when you level up the real ability. All via triggers of course.

Also just to note, you can't level up item abilities, so you will have to make the actual functionality of the item ability through a dummy ability is well. So my suggestion here is that you make the actual hero ability the 0% Evasion or whatever, to show an icon. Then use triggers to add the functional ability.

Either way works, but remember that you can't level up item abilities, as well as some others. Go to this page and scroll down to the bottom (99. List of Unlevelable Abilities).

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
It can't have been absolutely every ability he was using. He should've specified exactly the abilities he's using and which work.

I presumed that with so many abilities being used, that he was having trouble with abilities that should normally work.

Gev

Reaction score
Ok i got it thanks. Shit! Now i need to work more few howers. )))

Gev

Reaction score
Here is one more thing. Is there any whay to remove icone of the skill like the abilitys counted previously?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
If it is passive, you may place it in a disabled spellbook. If not, you have to use Channel, and trigger the actual ability.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Quick thing for you Curo, just make it a hero ability, make it whenever a unit learns a skill, skill being learnt equal to your skill, increase level of it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.