Sci/Tech Photon Propulsion Breakthrough Could Cut Mars Transit From Six Months to a Week

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard on Slashdot:

TUSTIN, Calif., Sept. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- The aerospace industry has taken notice of a California researcher who, using off-the-shelf components, built and successfully demonstrated the world's first successful amplified photon thruster. Dr. Young Bae of the Bae Institute first demonstrated his Photonic Laser Thruster (PLT) with an amplification factor of 3,000 in December, 2006.

Major aerospace agencies and primary contractors have since invited Bae to present his work, including NASA JPL, DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), and AFRL (Air Force Research Laboratory). Senior Aerospace Engineer at AFRL, Dr. Franklin Mead, "Dr. Bae's PLT demonstration and measurement of photon thrust (is) pretty incredible. I don't think anyone has done this before. It has generated a lot of interest."

Last edited:

KillerChi

Reaction score
Don`t pull our legs with this one.Please.Wait your serious?!Now with that extra speed I wonder what the downside is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.