Photoshop question

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello, I got more of a question than a request. I am making a logo with text for printing on a shirt. For the logo, I took an existing image, which uses more than 2 colors. For the printing, it is important that the image is strictly in 2 colors (so no duotone, 2 colors only). How can I do this easily?

I am using Photoshop CS4

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Hello, I got more of a question than a request. I am making a logo with text for printing on a shirt. For the logo, I took an existing image, which uses more than 2 colors. For the printing, it is important that the image is strictly in 2 colors (so no duotone, 2 colors only). How can I do this easily?

I am using Photoshop CS4

it will be good if you can provide the image as there will be different ways around it. I would suggest more after the image is provided.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
Here is da thing.
florisposter.gif

Note that the logo itself is pretty much 2-color already (but still not perfect) but the text really needs some work.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
you are printing something? Don't use photoshop. Use illustrator or I beleive the free version is ink scape? Anyway. You want it as a vector no pixels or it will print very bad.

What you have now will look like crap once printed - it looks horrible on screen.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
It looks pretty good when printed on paper, but that is a full color print ofc.

Also note that I am not drawing anything at all, the logo looks like this originally:
ruiterzegel.jpg

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Its pixelated. When printed it going to be bigger that that probably, it scales upwards.

You should print at 300 ppi.

This graphic is probably 72 ppi. (Web quality)

So if you want to design it in photoshop, use the pen tool, make vector shapes, and make the document to size (ex. 8" x 8") and have it at 300 ppi. You will be tracing the image, not recolouring it.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
Thanks pineapple, that is exactly what i was looking for :)

EDIT: result:
florispostervectorized.png

I also saved a PDF document which has the vector version in it :)

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
Thanks :) For those of you who really want to know, it is going to be printed on a piece of clothing, on the left side of the chest area. The logo itself will probably be around 3-4 inch in diameter. If that turns out too small, it's going on the back area ;)

EDIT: do you people know of any cheap autotrace options? I know flash has one, but it is a bit too expensive to get it just for that. The cheapest i have found is 295U$ which is a bit expensive for just autotrace imo

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
In GIMP, make all of the white you don't want transparency. Then right click the layer and go to "alpha to selection". After that go to the top bar and under select go to "to path." This will create a path (or a trace) of what you want. You can scale this up as you want in a seperate path program (a free one is inkscape).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.