Php and asp

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
quick question (I think)

Ok, so when hosting a page with a member account and all that, do you need php and/or psp to recieve data through automatic e-mail ( sends the data through a form) with out using php/asp, or any other language that requires installation?

Basically, does the code <form name="input" action="webpagename.asp" method="get"> work if the .asp is .html?

by the way: i want to get this question answered fast, so i can get back to work.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Uh, no. html isn't a server side language.
As in html can't do what ASP or PHP can.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
crap. I forgot to mention im using javascript. which is kinda important.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
ok, thanks. I might have to go with old fashion e-mail then. but one last gleam of hope until then: is there any alternative language?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Not that I know of, it's pretty much PHP or ASP.
I'd like to know though, can you not get a host with PHP? They're pretty easy to find.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Not that I know of, it's pretty much PHP or ASP.
I'd like to know though, can you not get a host with PHP? They're pretty easy to find.

Any programming language can do this task, whether it's COBOL, FORTRAN, C, Perl or BASIC, as long as the server you're hosting the executable on is able to interpret the script or execute the binary.

The "generic magic" required is CGI.

Check the conditions or ask the hoster's support whether CGI scripts are allowed or not, what OS and hardware family the server runs on and which languages are available.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.