Physics Info?

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I've been peeking around lately for more info on the physics and the engine in general, but I can't find much (other than "debris will fall to the ground and slide down ramps, etc.).

Are they implementing a real physics system or just a drop-and-slide-shit-down-ramps system? :p

The thought of being able to use a physics engine directly in the coding makes me really giddy. I'll no longer have to use Source for that type of messing around :D

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Presumably, the object editor comes with stuff like "Black Hole" out of the box.
Some other hint pointed at the ability to use terrain for some special effects, pretty much automagically.
All of which might mean it's an actual thing, for some definition of thing.

Though, that's rumors at best.
Not to mention the First Version Editor(tm) is usually only half the deal and the actual thing comes by expansions.

Whatever the details, it will be "more" than we have now. At least sooner or later.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
They're using the Havok engine. Just don't expect to be able to mess around with it in the editor.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
It would be both good and bad if they gave us commands to create physics objects. The good would allow for amazing gameplay, features, and abilities, the bad would obviously be physics spam by stupid map-makers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.