Sounds like a pretty neat map, I look forward to see how it turns out. :thup:

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
o_O'... So... Anything to do yet?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
You should try editing the MDX files for Letterbox Mode so you can use an alpha, and then alphaing out the entire UI. That way you can use DGUI to make a complete custom UI.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Note: Development of Physics Wars is postponed indefinitely until further notice.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Waiting on an updated version of a system I'm using :( (It makes up the bulk of spawning units)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Note: Development of Physics Wars is now back underway as an updated version of required systems are now available.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Looks good, I'm glad progress is underway. I hope to try this when it gets released.

megma

Reaction score
Hey Sevion, what about mass? Is the effect of mass in your physics system? (did a little reading on it, but yeah I'm no physics guys, I mean mass will increase the force it takes for an object to get to Xmph verses a object with less mass, and can affect friction)

So yeah, if I'm talking what's not really possible, just ignore me :p

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Hey Sevion, what about mass? Is the effect of mass in your physics system? (did a little reading on it, but yeah I'm no physics guys, I mean mass will increase the force it takes for an object to get to Xmph verses a object with less mass, and can affect friction)

So yeah, if I'm talking what's not really possible, just ignore me :p

Basically, the greater your mass, the greater your force since f=ma (Force is equal to Mass times acceleration). So if you can create a mass system, where the larger units have larger mass, then you make it so that different units will slide different distances/be lifted up certain heights.

For example:

A grunt will slide 400 units backward, while a Tauren, who is affected by the same force, will only slide 200, since the Tauren is twice the size of the grunt.

It would be a very unique system, but alas, it may not be possible.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Still working on it, however, we have run into a few bugs.

>_> The Unit User Bar shrinks after a second and the clicks don't work >_<

Working on brining a working Beta.

megma

Reaction score
PrisonLove said:
Basically, the greater your mass, the greater your force since f=ma (Force is equal to Mass times acceleration). So if you can create a mass system, where the larger units have larger mass, then you make it so that different units will slide different distances/be lifted up certain heights.

For example:

A grunt will slide 400 units backward, while a Tauren, who is affected by the same force, will only slide 200, since the Tauren is twice the size of the grunt.

It would be a very unique system, but alas, it may not be possible.

Yeah, that what I was thinking after the post, hence me saying "So yeah, if I'm talking what's not really possible, just ignore me :p"

Sevion said:
Still working on it, however, we have run into a few bugs.

>_> The Unit User Bar shrinks after a second and the clicks don't work >_<

Working on bringing a working Beta.

Oh? Hmm... well, I'd be no help since I have no clue on how that works, or even what way to make a very simple one XD Good luck on finding the problem! :thup:

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Sevion, i made my own bar and it also shrinked rapidly. I think the only solution is to split your bar into different parts cause DGUI can't make one large bar for some reason.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense then, because I can do it fine in the DGUI demo and your Demo (the one on wc3c).

It doesn't shrink at all.

Only when I make it on mine.

Also, it doesn't explain why the clicks don't fire >_>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.