Picking units within "X" range of point (not region)?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello!

I just started working with the Galaxy Editor, and I find the Data Editor part completely inunderstandable, so I want to make a simple spell without the use of any modifications of the Data fields ( except for the creation of a new spell of course ;) ).

And I also want to use the Galaxy language, and not the GUI as I'm more used to scripting than clicking (I'm coming from WC3 and things weren't as complicated then XD) since the GUI also has become much more advanced.

So, to the point then, how would I go about in Galaxy or GUI (preferably Galaxy) to set a variable (type=unit group) to all enemy units withing 100 range of a single point, in a circle around?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Well in GUI you would need to use the function Units In Region Matching Condition (called UnitGroup in galaxy) and for the region use the function Convert Circle to Region (called RegionCircle in galaxy). As far as I am aware, not many people use galaxy for scripting.

To find the galaxy code for the functions, you can go Window > Console, and then type in browse and hit enter. Then in window that opens up, find the natives.galaxy file under the TriggerLibs folder. That files lists all of the natives you can call (with their parameters as well):

Code:
native unitgroup UnitGroup (string type, int player, region r, unitfilter filter, int maxCount);
native region RegionCircle (point center, fixed radius);

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, thank you :D I just thought since there were easier ways of doing this in WC3 (i.e you didn't have to create a region -_-) then there might be something easier in SC2 ;)
But I'll just use that then.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Just for the record in case you missed it. You don't have to create a region in SC2 either(at least not in the normal sense). The "Convert Circle to Region" function takes a point and a radius and returns a region but there still wont be any regions placed if you open up the region layer in the map editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.