Spell Pillar of Lightning

C

Crapling

I just downloaded this tonight and althouth the ability is freakin awesome, it looks like the two pillars don't want to do a full circle. They do about half of a semi-circle and then reset. Was this intended?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Was this intended?

No. This error is completely random. I have no idea what causes it. It does not happen every time, and it is not always the same when it does happen.

C

Crapling

> Was this intended?

No. This error is completely random. I have no idea what causes it. It does not happen every time, and it is not always the same when it does happen.

Hmm, well its still really awesome. Would you mind if I use it in my RPG?:)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Would you mind if I use it in my RPG?

Not at all. That's what it's here for. :p

C

Crapling

I'm such a noob, this is the first spell I've ever tried to upload and I totally screwed something up.:banghead:

I guess I should hold off on Hero Abilities. :x

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Ghan_04 said:
Total Posts: 5,614 (23.39 posts per day)
Methinks there was some vBulletin tampering with your account. :p

At any rate; you really should use X/Y values instead of Locations. Locations suck because they are slow, inflexible, and leak-prone. 2 real values can never leak, are very manipulatable, and are lightning-fast.

D'you want me to explain how you'd rewrite your code without locations for you?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Methinks there was some vBulletin tampering with your account.

Nope. That's all me. :p

> D'you want me to explain how you'd rewrite your code without locations for you?

I think I could probably figure it out myself. I just need to store the X and Y of the target point, then use those later.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Ghan_04 said:
Nope. That's all me.
Implying that you changed your own account, or that you actually have posted 5,600 times in 8 months?

As for the X/Y values thing... that's not entirely correct. You would be working with the X/Y values directly; no locations would be involved at all.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> you actually have posted 5,600 times in 8 months?

Yes. That's correct.

> You would be working with the X/Y values directly; no locations would be involved at all.

Don't I still have to use the GetLocationX/Y functions for the initial location?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Don't I still have to use the GetLocationX/Y functions for the initial location?

Yes, but only once. From there on you have to remove that location and you can start to manipulate with X and Y coordinates. Almost every native wants coordinates instead locations.
That spell from screen shots looks mean (skulls and lightning) - I like it !

EDIT: Tried to test it but Warcraft III can' t detect your map, what could be cause of this ( I tried to download it again and same thing happens, it dosn' t appear in the list) ? I' m speaking about JASS version here.

EDIT: Ran it from World Editor and got it working, still I stay to my first opinion.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Yes, but only once. From there on you have to remove that location and you can start to manipulate with X and Y coordinates. Almost every native wants coordinates instead locations.

Yeah, that's what I thought. It's what I meant by "initial". :p

> That spell from screen shots looks mean (skulls and lightning) - I like it !

Did anyone notice that the lightning comes out at random points on the pillar? :rolleyes:

> Tried to test it but Warcraft III can' t detect your map

That's just plain weird. Anyone else have this problem?

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Time for my feedback :D

1st - +rep for the spell. I really liked it.

2nd - In GUI version, sometimes when I cast this spell 3 times, the first one vanish really freaking fast, the second keeps up but don't release the lightnings and the last one gains full effect. Any ideas why?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Any ideas why?

Indeed. The GUI version is not MUI. :p

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Can't you make it MUI? I really want that spell to be MUI so I can use it in my map.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I really want that spell to be MUI so I can use it in my map.

Just use the JASS version.
I tried to make the GUI version MUI, but it bugged up a ton and just didn't work.

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
um awsome spell but is there anyway to change the stuff above him to a farseer missile so thats its lighting from lightning lol?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Since there's no thread or post or anything for helping me, I'll +rep you here.

Thanks for the spells.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Just a simple thing (not really that important), but if you want to remove a line of code instead of using TimedLife you can just give the dummy unit 3 health and -1.00 HP regeneration :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.