Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 Discussion

What rate did you give the movie?

• Total voters
K

Kevin

This show was an absolute piece of crap, the plot hole at the end made it worthless.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I heard that Jonny Depp said that he would love to do more Pirates movies because his kids love them

AND
Like Disney is going to give up their cash cow...puhlease!

When we went to Orlando, that's like the main theme of all the stores, even if you don't want to buy a pirates related item, somehow, you will LOLOLOL

1JadedJen

Reaction score
Did anyone see that new show that's going to be on? It's like survivor but it's called "Pirates" something or other. And they are all dressed up like pirates and livin on an island and they gotta find the treasure or something while at the same time avoid getting mutinied on?
My husband is crying at the downfall of tv
I, a reality show junkie, can't wait to laugh my ass off at all the stupid people :D

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think there will/should be a 4th, I really don't see a plot hole at the end, he's gonna go find the Fountain of Youth...big deal? It's the same thing that's been happing in all 3 other movies, someone needs/wants something they go get it, fight ect.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
But there is also all the hilarity that comes from doing the movies. But there is a point, with the movies, they all kinda go the same way, different ways of getting there, but essentially the same.

IF they did make a fourth one, I would like to see what they did with it, and if they used Elizabeth or Will at all in the movies. Because Elizabeth is supposedly stranded on an island to wait for Will, and Will is the capitan of the flying dutchman.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Do NOT post SPOILERS, people! Put them in white text, or don't put them at all!

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I really was disappointed with how they transformed Kalypso. They just made her bigger. With their endless budget and top writers, that is the best they could do?

1JadedJen

Reaction score
.... someone needs/wants something they go get it, fight ect.
You my friend, have just described pretty much every movie that is out there LOL

Anyway, SPOILER:

I too was disappointed with Calypso. I thought they were going to do MORE with her after she transformed -not just, oh she made this big storm and that's that. Or at least showed her and Davy Jones re-united with him looking like a normal person again after he dropped into the sea.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
I thought the movie was rather confusing..but it was ok..

Calypso was so useless...All she did was make crabs, a storm and a hole in the ocean...

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i was terribly disapointed with number 2, however, this one I thoughroughly enjoyed. I laughed a lot and was entertained

however, I do agree:

Calypso was teh poo, and Richards could have been cooler

there really needs to be another one

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
The movie was good but disappointing for me
Spoiler: The ending were Will gets stabbed and has to become captain of the Flying Dutchman was very predictable. Also they left room for another movie (couldn't make it a trilogy). I had many questions throughout the movie about how things happened. If someone wants to PM me the answers to these questions that would explain a lot for me.
1. How did Barbosa come back, Kolipso just said she brought him back- but how?
2. After the pirate council, Elizabeth traded Jack for Will - they were both traitors werent they.
3. Davy Jones was able to recruit new members onto the Flying Dutchman when he was captain. Why couldn't Will recruit Elizabeth? Shes a pirate - hows it any different????????

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Spoilers:

I believe that the reason why Will can't recruit Elizibeth is because Lizzie (lol) is not in a ship wreak, crash, or dead and sent to the bottom of the ocean, which is what happens to the rest of the crew. Anyways, the though of Elizibeth dead will probably make Will cut himself or something :p

Jack Sparrow made the movie. If he wasn't in it, it woulda been trash. Just like last one.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>You my friend, have just described pretty much every movie that is out there LOL
But in the pirate series, it's always been the same thing, someone wanting the Black Pearl, and people dying/comming back to get it.

K

Kevin

my comments are under the
--------------------------------------------------------------
and start with >>>>

New U.S. said ---The movie was good but disappointing for me
Spoiler: The ending were Will gets stabbed and has to become captain of the Flying Dutchman was very predictable. Also they left room for another movie (couldn't make it a trilogy). I had many questions throughout the movie about how things happened. If someone wants to PM me the answers to these questions that would explain a lot for me.
>>>>There is no room for another movie, the scene at the end of the credits is 10 years later. It's a total piece of crap, not only because of the Happily NEVER After ending, but because Jack Sparrow stood there like a prick doing nothing until after he let DJ kill will. To top it off the IDIOTS put in a big blasted plot hole as WILL was not the one who actually STABBED the heart. They said REPEATEDLY that ONLY the person who KILLS DJ would become the new captain. THAT was the curse. NOT "the person who's already dead and is a FRIEND of the loser who killed DJ."

>>>>Also did you look at the "swashbuckling scene"? You know where Jack is Fighting DJ? They're standing straight up and down, and most of the shots of the sails show them straight up and down. The goddamned ship was lurching at a 70 degree angle at best. No way in HELL would they be straight up and down. Let alone standing on a slick mast rigging.
1. How did Barbosa come back, Kolipso just said she brought him back- but how?
>>>> Answer: he wasn't cursed he was just dead and his body was still fresh.
2. After the pirate council, Elizabeth traded Jack for Will - they were both traitors werent they.
>>>>That pirate council was the most screwed up piece of crap in the movie, next to the complete butchery of Port Royal and the India Trading Company. Leave it to the british to refuse to admit that they created Port Royal as a PIRATE HAVEN not a British Port for the Royal Navy. Port Royal was build and designed specifically to fund acts of piracy against the French and Spanish. Also-- the India Trading Company was primarily run and owned by the DUTCH and they traded SLAVES. They had very little to do with the Royal Navy, even less so than this stupid movie implies.
3. Davy Jones was able to recruit new members onto the Flying Dutchman when he was captain. Why couldn't Will recruit Elizabeth? Shes a pirate - hows it any different????????
>>>>Because the writers for this script and Gore Verbinski are complete and total $#@%ing morons and should be drug out into the street, shot, beaten, tarred and feathered, mutilated, raped, prison raped, then executed.

>>>> You know what I find interesting is you didn't bring up the complete asinine compilation of Calypso from a Greek Sorceress into a Jamaican Voodoo Sea Goddess that had the accents of both Jamaica and Cockney rolled into one unintelligible mess.

DM Cross

Reaction score
^ ^ ^ You, sir, are an angry little man ^ ^ ^

It's a movie. Get over it o_O Who said it was historical? Watch a documentory for that.

K

Kevin

^ ^ ^ You, sir, are an angry little man ^ ^ ^

It's a movie. Get over it o_O Who said it was historical? Watch a documentory for that.

There's a difference between producing a historical documentary, producing something which at least partially resembles reality and then producing something which is an absolute piece of crap.

Anyone who uses that excuse you just used to to excuse massive plot holes in a movie, or the spreading if massive ignorance by purposely screwing up even the most minor details is someone who just likes eye candy.

I don't like eye candy. I expect directors and screen writers to get at least 1 thing right.

They got nothing right in this movie. It was a gore fest. It wasn't a swashbuckler. It was ridiculous butchering not only of facts they COULD have gotten right, but they purposely made sure there would NOT be a PIrates 4 by screwing every little detail they could to sink the quality of the movie AND the plot.

This movie was utter crap. From the absolute ridiculousness of a cockney accented jamaican woman who was supposed to be a greek goddess, through to the final plot hole at the end. And you know what's funny, I only gave a small review of examples from all the screwed up crap in that movie.

The whole East Indian Trading Company as well as their made up history of Port Royal reeks of political ass kissing by the british producers to the Spanish, Dutch and French due to the European Union (if you haven't been following the news, the UK is having major issues with these countries ESPECIALLY while trying to get new blanket laws passed).

I mean for that fact, they could've just made up these names instead of using actual historical names in the movie.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The fact that your turning a movie, a fictional movie into a political issue makes me think that YOU are just someone who likes to start crap for no reason ^.^

Seriously. Calm down. It was just a movie. Even if you didn't like it, there's no point in getting this worked up about it.

K

Kevin

The fact that your turning a movie, a fictional movie into a political issue makes me think that YOU are just someone who likes to start crap for no reason ^.^

Seriously. Calm down. It was just a movie. Even if you didn't like it, there's no point in getting this worked up about it.

LOL you say that to me as if there've never been any fictional movies produced solely because of political issues.:D

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
As I said, Pirates MMO.

We'll have 1,000,000 whiny annoying little kids saying, "i wanna be capn jack sprryaw!"

just like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.