Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 Discussion

What rate did you give the movie?

• Total voters

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
LOL you say that to me as if there've never been any fictional movies produced solely because of political issues.:D

Yes, but they're still not worth getting worked up over :)

K

Kevin

Yes, but they're still not worth getting worked up over :)

I paid 7.50 to see a movie filled with major plot holes, bad continuity, what appeared to be political asskissing by the British to make everyone in the European Union all smiles and giggles, and crap directing.

It was an utter piece of crap, and unlike many people in the universe, "eye candy" does not make up for 1/10th of the movie as far as I'm concerned.

Not only that but there was only one decent swordfight in the entire piece of crap feature.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
If you didn't see the end of the credits theres a part at the end where
Will comes back to see there Elizibeth and There Child which I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl but I think it was a boy but w/e

I gave it 10/10
It was better then the second the guys who said it sucked I don't what movie you saw or what the hell your on... lol

But I liked it you just had to pay attention to the movie

K

Kevin

Paying Attention to the Movie means you can see the plot holes and continuity errors, the only way to enjoy it is if you completely ignore the god awful 30 minute script that had been extended to a 2 and a half hour movie.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
See, your nitpicking is over-reaction, though. "Oh, there was only one good fight!" "Plot hole this! Plot hole that!" "Crappy directing, grroar!"

Yeah, and get this: Almost every movie has some kinds of plot holes. Almost every movie has one REALLY good sword-fight and the rest are eh. It's called build-up.

As for this apparent hatred for eye-candy, if you're gonna be so biased, go watch a documentary and leave everyone else alone ^.^ It's one thing to express your opinion, but you're gettin' out of hand, now. We know your opinion, we understand it, you do not have to remind us every single time WE state OUR opinion.

I didn't even bring attention to anyone else's opinion. All I said was "T'was a good movie!" and that was it. There's my opinion, cut, dried, to the point.

Stop obsessing. You're not gonna get your $7.50 back. Be lucky, I spent 9.50! And if you're so pissy about 7.50, I'd hate to know you during tax season o_O (Once/if you do pay taxes, that is)

Seriously. Chill.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I finally saw it, oh, 2 days back.
Not a disappointment, but no way the best (that would be the first one).

Depp seems to have lost it a little from the first one... but he still proved to be one of the better characters.
Geoffrey Rush proved a highlight as Barbossa, as he did in the first.
And everyone seems to be forgetting that Pirate lord from Singapore! *Googles name* Chow Yun-Fat, that's the one. Very good, shame we don't see much of him.

The plot seemed a bit complex but hell, that just makes it worth rewatching so I can completely understand it!
I also was very disappointed with Calypso. Many people in the audience seemed confused as to whether or not it was supposed to be funny... I know I was laughing. [/spolier]

Oh dear, I seem to have completely ignored the second film. Which was good, but seemed to be more of a bridge between 1 and 3.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
See, your nitpicking is over-reaction, though. "Oh, there was only one good fight!" "Plot hole this! Plot hole that!" "Crappy directing, grroar!"

Yeah, and get this: Almost every movie has some kinds of plot holes. Almost every movie has one REALLY good sword-fight and the rest are eh. It's called build-up.

As for this apparent hatred for eye-candy, if you're gonna be so biased, go watch a documentary and leave everyone else alone ^.^ It's one thing to express your opinion, but you're gettin' out of hand, now. We know your opinion, we understand it, you do not have to remind us every single time WE state OUR opinion.

I didn't even bring attention to anyone else's opinion. All I said was "T'was a good movie!" and that was it. There's my opinion, cut, dried, to the point.

Stop obsessing. You're not gonna get your $7.50 back. Be lucky, I spent 9.50! And if you're so pissy about 7.50, I'd hate to know you during tax season o_O (Once/if you do pay taxes, that is)

Seriously. Chill.

well guess what seth i spent 10 bucks on it HA lol, there is one thing i really dont like in the movie is that Calypso or whatever, seriously i can barely hear what she says half the time but i guess that is jus the way it is.
It was a good movie, i do think there is going to be a 4th and maybe the name will be like something about the youth fountain or whatever it is called

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
T'was pretty meh. And that's all I can be bothered saying about it.

M

Marduke

All your so-called plot holes seem to be just dumb semantics. I agree the whole Calypso story line was a little pointless, though.

It was a good movie, there were no obvious 'huge plot holes' to me.

It's a summer flick, it's not supposed to be some deep thought-provoking film, it's supposed to be an entertaining 2 hours. Which it was, if you actually tried to enjoy it, which Kevin didn't seem to even attempt to do.

As for some political agenda, looking at the producers, none look to be English at all. Or at the very least, they have been in Hollywood for a very long time.

As Seth said, if you're looking for perfect historical accuracy, obviously you shouldn't watch just about any major motion picture. Go watch the History Channel kiddo.
I really can't believe you're arguing about historical accuracy in a movie with a giant kraken, undead pirates/monkeys, undead fish people, ships that can go under water, 100 foot goddesses...Obviously this movie is made for entertainment value and not for historical value.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I have character analysis! Thesis: Pirates = WoW

Will Turner = Nelf
Cap'n Jack Sparrow = umm... idk? maybe rogue
Calypso = Troll
Barbossa = UD
Davy Jones = Tentacled Ooze
Davy Jones' Crew = Murlocs
Kira Nightly (I forget her characters name) = HU
East India Trading Company = GMs

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I have character analysis! Thesis: Pirates = WoW

Will Turner = Nelf
Cap'n Jack Sparrow = umm... idk? maybe rogue
Calypso = Troll
Barbossa = UD
Davy Jones = Tentacled Ooze
Davy Jones' Crew = Murlocs
Kira Nightly (I forget her characters name) = HU
East India Trading Company = GMs

Rofl phoenix, they talkin about the movie hardcore, and you are just talkin about a Pirates MMO and comparin it to MMO's. A true thehelper.net member, indeed!

The movie itself was ok, you just gotta ignore the plot loopholes and pretend that IF a character could do anything to prevent anything, they were too dim witted to think of such a thing *eyes Will*.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
It was a good movie, even if there were a very few niches and holes in it. Not as much of the old brilliance as the first one, but still some of it.
Analysing any movie to much usually makes it look worse, with obvious exceptions of course. Its for enjoyment, don't get to worked up over it.

I think they shouldn't make a fourth, just because four would be stretching it a bit to much, and it would go down on a bad note.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Physics spoiler: The ship was leaning over because of the centrifugal forces of the maelstrom. Everybody on the ship is pushed in exactly the same direction. Davey Jones and Jack Sparrow are both highly skilled sailer who know how to respond to that kind of situation. Apparently, you don't.

Naming spoiler: Just because somebody uses a name it means that there under no conditions, including complete ignorace of eachother, time paradoxes and coincidence, somebody else may ever use that name again, right. This isn't the first time ever somebody uses the name Calypso and is not reffering to the mythical greek sorceress. Get over it.

In short: Stop being a nitpick over things that don't have nitpick-able flaws.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.