Planting a Tree per Spell

Kukeiko

Reaction score
Hello!

Im a Beginner at the Editor, my most difficult Trigger ive written so far (out of 3) would be enhancing "Thunderclap" by dealing Damage based on the casting Heros Strength & Level - that being said, I'd really appreciate simple answers :)

Idea:
Healing-based Hero, that needs to eat Trees in order to Regen Mana/Health.

Problem:
Regrowing the Trees.

Why:
The Hero is very unlikely to greatly move its position, the map has the smallest size possible - i don't want him to run out of trees.

What i exactly want:
A Spell that aims at a target Position on the Ground an plants a tree that can be eaten with the spell "Eat Tree" (sadly, i have the german version of the editor, thus dont know the english translation).

What i tried:
Using the Spell of the WC3-Original Shadowhunter that creates Serpent Wards. However, with
Trigger:
  • Destructible - Create a "Sommerbaumwand" at (Target Point of Ability being cast) facing (Random angle) with a Scale 1.00 and Variation 0

, the tree is just being placed at the Center of the Map :F

Some minor Questions regarding this issue:
- Deleted the Serpent Model by replacing the Value "summoned Unit-Type" by a simple Blankspace. Do / don't?

- what is "Text: command-String /Activate/Deactivate" exactly? (in this case: "ward" )

Thanks alot for any help! :)

Kukeiko

Reaction score
Oh - thanks :3

This would give me one more free slot for another skill... but.. where do i paste it?

If i paste it in the "custom Script" Area @ Trigger Editor that is found when selecting the Root (with map name), ill get 129 Compiling Errors when saving the map :/

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
About your trees being placed at the center of the map, instead of Serpent Ward, try using another ground-target spell.

About the serpent wards, try set the number of wards summoned to 0.

SyrisX

Reaction score
you might need to be using the NewGen editor with jasshelper.. not sure

Kukeiko

Reaction score
you might need to be using the NewGen editor with jasshelper.. not sure
Oh - ill need to read into that stuff then.. thanks :)

About your trees being placed at the center of the map, instead of Serpent Ward, try using another ground-target spell.

About the serpent wards, try set the number of wards summoned to 0.

I tried Inferno - same Issue.

However, I guess ill be happy with using "Blink" and have the Tree be planted on the Spot the Hero teleported off.

Kinda weird, but it works.. i guess :)
At Least, the Ability then cant be used to block of incoming Waves or somehow have any issues, since the Position is always legal.

Thanks so far!

SyrisX

Reaction score
You could also use channel as the base ability (you can change the type of cast it has. I.E. target area, target unit, instant...)

Event:
A unit starts the effect of a spell

Condition:
Ability being cast is equal to create tree

Event:
Set TempPoint to target point of ability being cast
Create a "Sommerbaumwand" at (TempPoint) facing (Random angle) with a Scale 1.00 and Variation 0
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

Jayykob

Reaction score
try to base the spell on pocket factory, which creates a dummy? pocket factory should be based to select a correct 'point of ability being used'?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.