Player choose camera distance

eatbeaver

Hi, i want to make a camera system like in Ryoko td or Warlock were players just type in -camera X and then the camera zooms out to that range. Also i want the camera to reset itself to that postion until the player choose to change distance.

Danis[h]

Hi, i want to make a camera system like in Ryoko td or Warlock were players just type in -camera X and then the camera zooms out to that range. Also i want the camera to reset itself to that postion until the player choose to change distance.
This is what I use in my TD.. It doesnt reset automatically, but the camera zooms out to the entered value.

Trigger:
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
      • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to -zoom
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 2.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camera Distance Set To: + (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))

note there is a white space after -zoom, like this " " <-- inbetween the "" marks.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -camera  as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -camera  as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -camera  as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -camera  as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Camera_Real[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 9, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to Camera_Real[(Player number of (Triggering player))] over 1.00 seconds
Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to Camera_Real[(Player number of (Picked player))] over 1.00 seconds
Note that the real variable has a defalut value of 2500

EDIT: Oh, it seems that i was too late.

eatbeaver

Code:
Camera zoom
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to -cam 
    Actions
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds
        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camera distance set to:  + (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))
Why isn't this trigger working?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Code:
Camera zoom
    Events
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, [B]5[/B])) Equal to -cam 
    Actions
        Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), [B]6[/B], (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds
        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camera distance set to:  + (Substring((Entered chat string), [B]6[/B], (Length of (Entered chat string)))))
"-" = 1
"c" = 2
"a" = 3
"m" = 4
" " = 5

SwedishChef

i have a question if it is alright. Is there any way i can detect if the other substring is between 750 and 2500. So if i write under 750 f.ex. -zoom 500 it will turn to 750 and if you type over it will turn to 2500.

E: if you want you can do it in jass. (im learning it now =))

Chocobo

White-Flower

Code:
Camera zoom
    Events
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam  as A substring
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to -cam 
    Actions

-- if (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) lesser than 750.00 --
              -- then Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camera distance set to: 750.00) --
              -- Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 750.00) over 0.00 seconds --
        -- else --
        -- if (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) greater than 2500.00 --
              -- then Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camera distance set to: 2500.00) --
              -- Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 2500.00) over 0.00 seconds --
        -- else  Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camera distance set to:  + (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))) --
             --  Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds

SwedishChef

Why aint this working??

Trigger:
  • Zoom
    • Events
      • Player - Any player types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Length of (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))) Less than 750
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camer set to: + 750)
          • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 750.00 over 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Length of (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))) Greater than 2500
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camer set to: + 2500)
              • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 2500.00 over 0.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camer set to: + (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))
              • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds

Chocobo

White-Flower
convert string to real (copied the wrong text in the old post).

Trigger:
  • Zoom
    • Events
      • Player - Any player types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Less than 750.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camer set to: + 750)
          • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 750.00 over 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) Greater than 2500.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camer set to: + 2500)
              • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to 2500.00 over 0.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Camer set to: + (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))
              • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wanna know if his mom is still single LOL
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I need context.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Back in the day conan was a young one and his mom was single and I used to tease him that I was going to date his mom and be his daddy - yeah sounds bad now but it was funny at the time
  • The Helper The Helper:
    his mom is my age
  • The Helper The Helper:
    i know right it was pretty funny
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    its pretty funny
    +1
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Thanks for the context.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Hump Day!!!
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    TH old fart gotta have a beer with me one of these days
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am down anytime Blackveiled
    count on it then cause you don't live that far from me hah
  • The Helper The Helper:
    really that is cool!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Hey Tom I added a new Weird tag to the News Prefixes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Blackveiled?
    Chillin', lurkin'. :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on a bunch of site projects right now doing a bunch of behind the scenes stuff and trying to clean up some stuff that I let slide when I got lazy with the site for a few years...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Are you in Houston Blackveiled or just in Texas?
    Houston
    I've been living here since 2014.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    OK banlord we need to get together soon! The only other member of the site I know in Houston is XXX Conan
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and he does not want none lol
  • The Helper The Helper:
    he put up a picture of his mom one time and she was HOT!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish we still had that
    Lmao you scared him off I see.

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.