Player get disconnected at the begining of the game

meehael

Reaction score
Hi all,

Do you know why some players get disconnected the moment they enter the map? I host games over Garena, and it said that their ping is minimal. I hosted for only 4 players, which is ok for my upload speed.

Thanks,
Regards!

Exuro.

Reaction score
do you also get disconnected?

i know from some maps i created, that if i made some value on a unit or something which aint allowed, my game would simply crash.. dunno if thats the same problem as yours

meehael

Reaction score
No, I never get disconnected. Sometimes, in a game of 2v2, only one or two players drop, and they say that they didn't leave, but they got a message that they were simply disconnected. I immediately hosted again, but they got disconnected again, just when the game was loaded and ready to begin.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
It could depend on your map and the triggers.
What map are you trying to host? Did you create it yourself? If yes, you should consider uploading it here so that we may take a look at it.

Ps. I owned you in Dota, earlier today.

meehael

Reaction score
Hi,

The map I'm trying to host is Heroes of Eastern Kingdoms http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=103997. Yes, I made it, but unfortunately, I cannot give the unprotected version as of yet, because I'm waiting results from a competition. I hope you understand.

I also hope that you can do something with protected version. Looking forward to your test results :D!

Thanks,
Regards!

TombStone

Reaction score
Dose this happen on just that map?
Im thinking mayeb you put to many Units or to many objects on the map.
And the map gets laggy and crashes because it can't load anymore.
This is my guess.

Exide

Reaction score
We can't do anything with a protected map, that is supported around here. :p
So I guess we'll have to wait until that competition is over, and guess what might be wrong in the meantime.

It would help if you could show us your triggers that run as soon as the map starts, though. (Since it's about then that people disconnect.)

meehael

Reaction score
Does this happen on just that map?
Im thinking mayeb you put to many Units or to many objects on the map.
And the map gets laggy and crashes because it can't load anymore.
This is my guess.

I didn't host any other map before. But, just to test this, I've hosted another one, and it worked fine. Hm.

It's a medium-sized map; there are 520 pre-placed units, 87 pre-placed items and around 7500 doodads... The map is made purely in the official WE, v1.22.

It would help if you could show us your triggers that run as soon as the map starts, though. (Since it's about then that people disconnect.)
OK, here are some of them:

This one is for locking the game camera at the begining of the game at hero selection. It gets unlocked later. P11 and P12 are computer players.
Select class camera
Events
Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
(Picked player) Not equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
(Picked player) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
Then - Actions
Camera - Apply Select Class camera <gen> for (Picked player) over 0.00 seconds
If - Conditions
((Picked player) is in Alliance) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Set Temp_UnitGroup = (Units in SelectClassRegions[(Player number of (Picked player))])
Else - Actions
Set Temp_UnitGroup = (Units in SelectClassRegions[((Player number of (Picked player)) + 10)])
Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to (Random unit from Temp_UnitGroup), offset by (-5.00, 171.20) using Default rotation
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_UnitGroup)
Else - Actions
Maybe this one causes troubles, because there are around 1800 trees?
Trees init
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set Temp_Region = (Entire map)
Destructible - Pick every destructible in Temp_Region and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
(Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Village Tree Wall
(Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Cityscape Summer Tree Wall
(Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Fall Tree Wall
((Picked destructible) is alive) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Trigger - Add to A tree is destroyed <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies)
Else - Actions
Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_Temp_Region)
Now, there are ten triggers like this one, each for different type of creep. Is it a problem they all trigger at map initialization?
Big Spiders init
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set Temp_UnitGroup = (Units in CreepBigSpiders1 <gen>)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_UnitGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 1
Set Temp_UnitGroup = (Units in CreepBigSpiders2 <gen>)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_UnitGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 2

Thanks,
Regards!

Exide

Reaction score
Try disabling the 'Trees init - trigger' and see if it works better.
Also, you could try to change the event on that trigger to 'Time Elasped - 5 seconds'.

'Select class camera' seems buggy, you should re-write it.
You should also use a different variable for the Unit Group, since it's the same that you are using in the third trigger -and you are (in this trigger) using it every 0.5 seconds - it's bound to mess something up eventually. :p

'Big Spiders init' is fine.

meehael

Reaction score
Hm, I think we're onto something. I replaced Trees init event from Map init to Elapsed Game Time 5 secs, and when the map loaded, two players dropped after around 5 seconds, not immediately. I'll try disabling it completely now, temporarily.

Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.