Player Unique Multiboard

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have Googled. I have read full threads. My map saves and runs fine. I do not see Multiboards. :(

Here is the full trigger that is suppose to give me Multiboards:
Trigger:
  • Multiboard Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.02 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 24, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 5 rows, titled Limits.
          • Set VariableSet multiBoard[(Integer A)] = (Last created multiboard)
          • -------- ROW 1 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 1 to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 1 to Peasant
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 1 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeasant.blp
          • -------- COLUMN 2 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 1 to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Set VariableSet tempGroup = (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) of type Peasant)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 1 to ((String((Number of units in tempGroup))) + (/ + 6))
          • -------- ROW 2 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 2 to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 2 to Horizontal Wall (-)
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 2 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcaniteArchitecture.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 2 to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Set VariableSet tempGroup = (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) of type Horizontal Wall (-) (Horizontal))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 2 to ((String((Number of units in tempGroup))) + (/ + 4))
          • -------- ROW 3 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 3 to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 3 to Diagonal 1 Wall (/)
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 3 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcaniteArchitecture.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 3 to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Set VariableSet tempGroup = (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) of type Diagonal 1 Wall (/) (Diagonal 1))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 3 to ((String((Number of units in tempGroup))) + (/ + 2))
          • -------- ROW 4 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 4 to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 4 to Diagonal 2 Wall (\)
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 4 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcaniteArchitecture.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 4 to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Set VariableSet tempGroup = (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) of type Diagonal 2 Wall (\) (Diagonal 2))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 4 to ((String((Number of units in tempGroup))) + (/ + 2))
          • -------- ROW 5 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 5 to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 5 to Vertical Wall (|)
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 5 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcaniteArchitecture.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 5 to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Set VariableSet tempGroup = (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) of type Vertical Wall (|) (Vertical))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 5 to ((String((Number of units in tempGroup))) + (/ + 4))
          • -------- Show --------
          • Multiboard - Hide multiBoard[(Integer A)]
          • Custom script: set udg_tempPlayer = Player(GetForLoopIndexA())
          • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_tempPlayer then
          • Custom script: call MultiboardDisplay(udg_multiBoard[GetForLoopIndexA()],true)
          • Custom script: endif
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tempGroup)

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I should probably add that I do not understand why I need to do "if GetLocalPlayer()." Why can't I cycle through all the local players? Should I be trying to loop more times for the "chance" that I will land on the local player? What is going on here?

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can not cycle through local players because there is only 1 local player. That is the one in front of the screen of the computer that executes the code. (remember, each human player is running their own copy of Wc3, and each instance has a different local player). Here, each computer generates 24 tables. Then shows 1 of the tables, which is the one that belongs to the local player (different on each computer).

Tables are a bit finnicky to get right.

I would suggest working your way up. Start on a fresh map with a tiny simple table for all players. Get that to display.
Once the tiny table works, get 24 tiny simple tables to work.
Then see if you can get the local player stuff to work.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I did get A table to show to me. Then I realized that it was not THE table.

Is it possible to show more than 1 multiboard at a time? I had a show command in the end of the loop. Based on that, I would assume all 24 multiboards would show up to each player. It only showed the 1.

I am very good at trying and failing. That's how I've learned most of what I know. Haha.
I'm going to try to nest another loop in my for-Integer-A loop to cycle through 24 times for each multiboard. That's the only thing that seems to make a little bit of sense.

You reminded me that this is a program running on up to 24 different machines. Though I already knew that, I needed it to be stated again. Haha

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Upon further investigation, GetLocalPlayer() == Player(A) is always false. So again: What is going on here?

jonas

Reaction score
It's been a while, but now that you mention it I vaguely remember only one board can be shown at any time.

jonas

Reaction score
I just noticed that you set your tempPlayer in JASS. Keep in mind that Player(0) is red. In GUI, Player 1 is red.
That is your bug.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I seem to have figured it out and got it working. This is how I accidentally figured out what you did. :p
I actually have this first Trigger rewritten in a loop elsewhere.
Trigger:
  • Multiboard Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.02 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 24, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 6 rows, titled Limits.
          • Set VariableSet multiBoard[(Integer A)] = (Last created multiboard)
          • -------- ROW 1 --------
          • Set VariableSet intRowIndex = (intRowIndex + 1)
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to Peasant
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeasant.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 0/6
          • -------- ROW 2 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to Mini Guard Tower
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGuardTower.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 0/1
          • -------- ROW 3 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to Horizontal Wall (-)
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcaniteArchitecture.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 0/4
          • -------- ROW 4 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to Diagonal 1 Wall (/)
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcaniteArchitecture.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 0/2
          • -------- ROW 5 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to Diagonal 2 Wall (\)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 0/2
          • -------- ROW 6 --------
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row intRowIndex to Vertical Wall (|)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiBoard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row intRowIndex to 0/4
          • -------- Show --------
          • Multiboard - Hide multiBoard[(Integer A)]
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tempGroup)

JASS:
function Trig_Multiboard_Show_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 1
    loop
        exitwhen i > 24
        if GetLocalPlayer() == ConvertedPlayer(i) then
            call MultiboardDisplay( udg_multiBoard<i> , true )
        endif
        set i = i + 1
    endloop
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Multiboard_Show takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Multiboard_Show = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle( gg_trg_Multiboard_Show, 0.03 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Multiboard_Show, function Trig_Multiboard_Show_Actions )
endfunction</i>

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.