Playing animations?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.

I had this problem in WC3 as well as in SC2.
No matter what I try my units never seem to play the animations that I want.

I tried using this action:
Trigger:
  • Animation - Play Attack animation for (Actor for attacker) as Default, using No Options options and Default Time blend time

(attacker is a variable)
but nothing happens.
I feel like I need a step-by-step tutorial on how to play certain animations for specific units.

I would also like to know how to stop units from moving around. -When they are idle their "stand" animation makes face different directions.

Jokker

Reaction score
I tried this out.
Trigger:
  • ZEALOT
    • Events
      • Game - Player Any Player types a chat message containing "animation", matching Exactly
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play Attack animation for (Actor for Zealot [57.10, 52.49]) as Default, using No Options options and 0.0 blend time

Seemed to work fine for me.
1) Make sure that your events are working fine.
2) Make sure that the chosen actor is working fine/is defined for the game. (in your case Actor of Attacker)
3) Make sure that that actor HAS an attack animation defined in the data editor.

EDIT: As the "attacker" is a variable, I think that maybe it is not defined correctly and the game just does not know who should do the animation.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Jokker

Exide

Reaction score
It turns out you were right. My variables was the problem.
The action works fine.

Thanks.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I would also like to know how to stop units from moving around. -When they are idle their "stand" animation makes face different directions.
You need to disable the units Fidgeting. If you want to disabled it for your whole map, you can by going to the UI: Fidget property on the desired unit within the Data Editor and deleting the Idle value. If you want to disable it for only particular units or at particular times, you could create a new Behaviour of the type Buff and then open up the Behaviour: Modifications + property, and check Suppress Fidgeting under State Flags on the Behaviour tab. You can use the Add Behaviour and Remove Behaviour actions within the trigger editor to enable/disable fidgeting.

Exide

Reaction score
You need to disable the units Fidgeting. If you want to disabled it for your whole map, you can by going to the UI: Fidget property on the desired unit within the Data Editor and deleting the Idle value. If you want to disable it for only particular units or at particular times, you could create a new Behaviour of the type Buff and then open up the Behaviour: Modifications + property, and check Suppress Fidgeting under State Flags on the Behaviour tab. You can use the Add Behaviour and Remove Behaviour actions within the trigger editor to enable/disable fidgeting.

Is there any way to do it via triggers?
I haven't even started trying to figure out the Data Editor yet.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I initially looked for an trigger and wasn't able to find any. I thought I would check again and found the action Set Unit State (set the State property to Fidget).

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
For future reference, in case you want to do data editor stuff like that through triggers. In this case you could've just made the behavior Dave described and added it through triggers. But the action Dave found sounds like a better solution in this case.

Exide

Reaction score
I initially looked for an trigger and wasn't able to find any. I thought I would check again and found the action Set Unit State (set the State property to Fidget).

Nice. I'll try it out. =)

Sadly I can't add to your rep at the moment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.