Playstation 3

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Play beyond... Yeeeah. Uh. :eek:

OK, so I finally got a few minutes to go screw around with this thing at work... And... I was disappointed.

The graphics were... Improved, I guess. But not by leaps and bounds, really. The controls were... Exactly the same as the PS2. Not a lot of fun/excitment there.

I can only ASSUME that Sony is trying to cash in on the versatility of this unit, since the damned thing is almost a computer with all it's features and whatnot :D And it still works as a DVD player, I believe, so it's not just a game system anymore, really.

I haven't seen many of the games coming out for it, but I will keep my eye on our new PS3 section at the store for you guys... If I see any cool lookin' titles, I'll let you all know.

Since you can only really play games at the store, keep in mind that the stuff I get to test the system on is limited. If another member here has bought one for home use, they really ought to give us a review! :D

Also, I've noticed the huge difference between Sony and Nintendo. Sony is more business-like and professional. They made and shipped a certain amount of PS3's out and this has a good side. Supply and demand. They're making it more desirable.

The bad thing is that the good thing isn't good for US, it's good for Sony.

Nintendo is just trying to make as many Wii's as they can and ship them quickly. You probably won't see more PS3's in stores for the next month or so. My store is getting another shipment of Wii's by Black Friday. Notice the difference?

For what it's worth, I say Wii > PS3, guys. Sorry for the let down :p

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Where did you learn all these?

Hacked into Sony?

Bought both of them and played till you die (again)?

How?

You are a fast pandaman, ya know that??? :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I work for Gamestop where I live. We got the demo stations before the systems come out, and it's part of the job to learn what you can and spread the info around to make the customers get what they want.

So basically, I just do my job :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I agree with you, Seth. I always laugh at all the Sony fanboys running around going "PS3 is going to own Wii!".

You know what the biggest letdown is? They have used the SAME EXACT controller design from the PS3... -.-

The only difference with this one is that it's wireless and has a USB port on the font. :rolleyes:

DM Cross

Reaction score
They do have wireless controllers, but you have to get them separate. And they're still the same blasted thing! :(

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I knew PS3 would suck :p, it's way too over-priced huh?

I'm gonna wait to see a review on the Xbox 360, then I'm getting the Wii :D (unless there's already info about the Xbox somewhere here :p).

Though I didn't even know they did wireless controllers, and the fact that they're sold seperately really sucks, Sony don't realise that the aim was to make a next-gen console, the only thing close to next-gen had to be sold seperately (I'll bet for about $50 each).

If you wanted a PS3 before, read Seth's conclusion and then tell me its better than the others :p.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again... Wii/360> PS3 :cool:

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Ah, yet another thread on the new games systems. Well, the more I read the more I'm troubled.

Why? Well, I will be getting a 360 or a Wii a few months from now, as soon as I can afford it after getting all the other things that have priority over the new console, but the thing is to me thats a large sum of money. So, naturally, I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Wii for the new great... Interactive gaming? Or the 360 for the awesome games such as Halo 3, Fable 2, and Gears of War?

I have yet to really hear anything about the Xbox 360, so until I do I won't be able to pick. What we really need is someone to write up a 360 review, and for people to comment on it. That would be very helpful :D

Though, conan is getting a 360 soon I think, and a Wii for Chrismas, so he should be able to compare the two :D That still doesn't mean I won't want to here from you guys :)

It's not really a big deal, but I like to spend my money on something I will like the most, using the money for how much it's worth in purpose, enjoyment, and time I use it. Of course video games lack purpose, so I want to spend my money on what I will play the most and what will entertain me the most.

Though, a point to add is that my brother Jason whats a Wii, and will most likely pay for a third of it if we get it. AND, me being a twin, anything I buy that Ryan wants he will pay for half of, so we both own it. So really cutt the overall prices in half.

In the end, what I am really asking, is for a 360 review from one of you guys. That would be awesome :D

Anyways, this is a PS3 thread, so... I heard that it's pure power, not really new and exciting like the Wii. This, is a downfall somewhat, as Wii will own the PS3, and the only thing I feel stopping it from completely owning the 360 is how fun many of the games are, not saying PS doesn't have some good games.

Well, theres my semi-useless post. I really look forward to a 360 review, and I will be talking tosome of you I know and have on MSN sometime soon, as I would really like to know more :D

Have a nice day :)

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
If you wanted a PS3 before, read Seth's conclusion and then tell me its better than the others :p.

is he the only one making reviews? well i have said it and ill say it again. i am going too get the ps3.

truth be told i want good games coming from all sections. i mean why would i want Nintendo too fail? or Microsoft. wait nvm. Microsoft are assholes.

but i still like there games.

anyways, sav, even if a fanboy has offended you. doesn't mean you can insult back and not be called a fanboy.

also seth , you said the graphics where a let down, how so. iv seen some of the graphics and they look great. where they better then the 360?

i would like too kill everyone who has played a ps3 before me by the way, i am a fanboy in that sense. dang you seth!!!:p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I just thought the graphics would be more... Realistic? But they seemed like they were only marginally better than the PS2. I think they probably MATCH the Xbox 360, now, since in the past, I've heard 360 had better graphics than PS2...

Halo, next time I go into work, I'll pick KC (my boss)'s brain about the 360 for you :)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I just thought the graphics would be more... Realistic? But they seemed like they were only marginally better than the PS2. I think they probably MATCH the Xbox 360, now, since in the past, I've heard 360 had better graphics than PS2...

Halo, next time I go into work, I'll pick KC (my boss)'s brain about the 360 for you :)
Well, the PS3 does have far better graphics, just depends on the game, I mean there is a mech game that has PS1 graphics, is that the PS3's fault? No it's the people who developed the game who made the models low poly...for whatever reason. The graphics are especially good on HD. :]

And as for the control, I love and always did love the dualshock, and I thought all the controls were wireless? The USB is for charging, I'm pretty sure, and I'm guessing the store would leave it plugged in so it wouldn't need to charge.

DM Cross

Reaction score
No, it comes with wired controllers.

And Sony has power over what games can play on their system. They're not void of blame simply because "they didn't make it" :p That's a lame excuse :)

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
My friend bought the 360, and he says it is very good, but wants a Wii more. (Bought it before Wii came out). The 360 was good b/c it came out early, but Wii is better, so if you can get one, do.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Okay guys, get this:

I JUST got back from Bestbuy, and they have a PS3 display there. And guess what! IT BURT OUT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF HAVING IT. Haha, it doesn't work.

Made me laugh really hard. :D

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Sony needs to pull them selfs together... the 360 had no competition when it came out so it had no worries. but the ps3 is in a bad spot. they have too run this thing out fast but there tripping while doing it and trying too look left and right at the same time.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Sony and Microsoft are both set on making money, while Nintendo is set on making a system that people will enjoy. :)

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
I haven't played the PS3 yet, even though I work with Seth at Gamestop. I've heard that if you want to invest in the PS3, ask for the 60GB one, not the 20GB one. The 20 has more bugs on it than the 60. I have no idea why, that's just what I heard.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.