Playstation 3

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
is Halo 3.

Halo 3, not 2. And what about Gears of War? Man I wanna play that.

But as for me. No consoles here. Computer Upgrade > Consoles imo.

This is prolly due to my budget. It's pretty small. My computer is pretty stone-age. But i'm getting a new comp in Jan so i'm looking forward to that.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
This is how i look at it:

Wii - for people that like "Laid back" games, Like animal Crossing and racing/platform/odd games.

PS3 - for people that like more sports games, and some Shooters/RPG's. Alot of sony games are sports.

Xbox 360 - Shooters. This game is the #1 console for FPS's, nothing else can beat it. Also has kickass online support.

/2 cents

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score

Wii - for people that like "Laid back" games, Like animal Crossing and racing/platform/odd games.

PS3 - for people that like more sports games, and some Shooters/RPG's. Alot of sony games are sports.

Xbox 360 - Shooters. This game is the #1 console for FPS's, nothing else can beat it. Also has kickass online support.

/2 cents

i agree 100percent. i cant say i am anywhere near as obsessed with any first person shooters for the ps2 as i am with halo.

and the game cube was fun for its games. (wind waker was a let down though.)

but PS2 had (for me) real good RPG's. and like the 360 now had final fantasy online. witch was a cool thing at the time when it came out for the PS2.

i mean a MMORPG for a council. that was great. it still is great.

by the way, did they increase the graphics for FF online for the 360? i know it had decent graphics for the ps2 and the PC.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Wii- The unique style of game play has the potential to interest long-time gamers and the majority of the games will interest a younger audience. The lower price will also be a major factor.

360- Has a year head start on the competition. More time to gather a fan base and get a good selection of games out. While it's not as powerful as the PS3, it still has good power which will keep gamers interested. The price-for-power and the game support will carry this thing.

PS3- While the raw power in this thing will attract the hardcore gamers, you really will have to be one in order to pay all the money for it. Most of us aren't willing to spend $400(?)/600 on a gaming system. As of now, the game support is limited and most of those games that are out aren't very good.

My picks-
1. Xbox 360
2. Wii
3. Playstation 3

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
lol, i think the games the PS3 have are more attractive too those who like games like FF and rpg's that are different from normal.

i mean ill admit the RPG's for the ps2 where unique. like Grandia 3 etc.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
FF7 would be the only game for the PS3 that appeals to me. Other than that I wouldn't want it.

Also, Wii's internet is free but PS3 isn't I think... and I know that 360's isn't...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
when the first play station came out everyone was still working with 2D graphics, that is why Nintendo said they wouldn't join them. see the game developers would take a big blow. and Nintendo would lose a lot of its profits.

I'm just wondering...where are you getting your information?

Sony didn't want to join Nintendo, they've always been rivals. 2d's still a big part of gaming now, and back in that era of gaming, it was like it was in the last-gen consoles. (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube)

I think you're getting confused with Sega, when the Dreamcast plummeted and the company went bankrupt, and they went into business as a developer of games, and not consoles.

Corleone

Reaction score

/2 cents

Quite the opposite.

Wii - For people who don't mind moving their arse when they're playing, and like the new games. It's also made for people who are poor ( like me ) and can't afford expensive gaming systems. Hell... I don't even have my own PC!
This is by far the best console for FPS's..

PS3 - For people with too much money, and who aren't looking for anything new in a console.

Xbox360 - For people who like to play online, and like a system that has something to offer for almost everyone. Hope I can afford one some day soon.

S

SolidSnake:)

Ps3

to bad the PS3 doesn't have rumble:banghead: . i'd rather buy a Wii for now....

S

Sleepy24-7

now you all say PS3 isnt worth it? wow. such good games to offer. Unreal Tournament 2007, Assassins Creed, GTA 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 13, Quake Wars, Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4, God of War 2, Fear, Killzone 2, Halflife 2, the list goes on. If these games arent enough for you, then theres probably some sort of preference of gaming style or something else that you dont like about it. i dont even own a PS3, but im not going to shoot it down just for the price, its a nice system in my opinion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.