Please explain In a noob friendly way how to Create a "Vision" Command.

Darkonight

Reaction score
Please explain In a noob friendly way how to Create a "Vision" Command. Like if i want to share vision with Player Blue i just write "-Vision blue".

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well, first of all the writing part and the vision part are completely different. Lets start off with the writing. What you need to do is first of all
make an event,
Trigger:
  • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Vision as A substring

Keep doing it with all the players you have.
Now you need to make a condition, to make sure that -vision is the first letters in what the player wrote.
Trigger:
  • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 7)) Equal to -vision

What we did was acctually checking that all the letters at the chat string the player entered from 1 to 7 were -vision.
Now it gets tricky. lets say now the player needs to write the number of the player he wants to see, so what you need to do is convert the string into the player, like that:
Trigger:
  • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 9, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))))) as an Ally(?) with shared vision

Now this needs some further explanation. First of all, we cause the player who wrote the string, to treat another player as an Ally/Neutral/Enemy with shared vision. Now how was the player chosen? We convert the player to index
Conversion - Convert player index to player
And then we convert the number to a string, as seen before substring of the entered chat string, but this time from letter 9 to the end of the string. And you got it!
So now if a player writes
-vision 1
he will get the vision of player 1. :D

Darkonight

Reaction score
This is great but It's realy hard to Make the Action. I (After some time) Made it to "Make (Triggering player) treat (((((((Wtf?)))))) as an ally with shared vision

But i rly dont understand the (((((((Wtf?))))) part. Wile i wait for u to respond i will look more into it and see. but if u dnot' mind (Or any1 els) could u describe what to klick on to get there.

thanks

Darkonight

Reaction score
Never mind, Drank some coffe and read an looking more into what u wrote... u made it all make sens :D Thanks alot <3

TomTTT

Reaction score
No problem. Yeah these ((()))) are all really complicating, but once you take a deep look into it, it's really easy. Glad I could help.

Darkonight

Reaction score
This is what it Looks like now... It doest work so please tell me whats wrong:

Events:

Player - Player 1 (Red) Types a chat message containing -vision as A substring
2 (Blue)
3 (Teal)
4 (Purple)
5 (Yellow)
6 (Orange)
7 (Green)
8 (Pink)

Conditions

(Substring((Enter chat string), 1, 8)) Equal to -vision

Action

Player - Make (Triggering player) treat (Player((Interger((Substring((Enter chat string),9, (Length of (Enter chat string))))))))) as an ally with shared vision.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Change this:
(Substring((Enter chat string), 1, 8)) Equal to -vision
to this:
(Substring((Enter chat string), 1, 7)) Equal to -vision

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Realize this works with numbers.
Also realize the condition is just
"-vision" for 1 to 7.
If it's "-vision " for 1 to 7 it will not work.
Another way to do it is if you wanted to extend functionality..
Have an If then that checks the string for like 9 to string length "player name" or "player color"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.