Please help ! How to play with AI ?

punwisp

Reaction score
you normally do so in the lobby, and its really not hard to figure out. However do you mean custom games or games in general?

Progesterone

Reaction score
I refer to playing custom maps eg. those downloaded from sc2 websites. When I start these maps via World Editor "Test Document" function, i got an immediate victory as I am the only player. Ie, I want to play these maps with computer AI players, how can I do that ?
Thanks !

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
1. AIs aren't built to be played in custom games that are not melee games. So, you probably won't be playing with one normally.

2. You didn't specify who made the custom map you have downloaded and wanting to play with AI in. Is it Blizzard, or other players?

3. To move an AI to another existing, empty team in the lobby, press and hold down your left mouse button over the AI, drag it to the edge of the team (where you can see a blue frame lighting up), and release the button. The AI should be in the new team. This goes the same for human players.

Progesterone

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply !
Just to clarify, I have downloaded a file called Retail Maps which is said to contain the "official Blizzard Maps" and I stored it in "Maps" folder in Starcraft II folder.
I tried going to "Multiplayer" and "Create Game" but there is no map nor AI players option to choose from. I also tried "Singleplayer" then "Play with AI" option but again it says "No content found"

My objective is to play melee maps with AI players (ie, I can choose to be Terran, Zerg or Protoss and start on a map with a few AI players and try to eliminate the other players)
Can you please tell me how to go about doing it ? (eg. whether I should download "melee" maps, from where and how to install the maps so that I can select from the game ?
Thanks so much !

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, you're doing it wrong. A major change in StarCraft II is the inability to just download maps and place them in a folder somewhere.

You must login to Battle.net, go to Multiplayer, go find a map with a Blizzard blue icon, and look to the right. You should be able to see an underlined arrow pointing down, that is the download button. Go ahead and click on that, and you have downloaded your map via Battle.net, and is able to let StarCraft II recognize the map you have downloaded.

From there, you can play the downloaded maps (that went through the authentication process via Battle.net) and you can play with AIs.

Each map contains hask checks that the Battle.net servers check for, in your account. If you do not have that map, whether you have downloaded it or not, it will not show up in StarCraft II, hence the "No Content Found" message. Those maps that you have downloaded contains another profile's data. You can't remove them.

Progesterone

Reaction score
Thanks for enlightening me !
But problem is i have a problem with the internet connection to download maps from Blizzard using the method taught by you.
Can I download maps and open using World Editor, then use "Test Document" to play the map ? (I have tried that but because there isn't any "AI Plyaers", I immediately has "victory" when the map starts. Is there a "melee" map or maps that I can download and use this method to play ?
Thanks !

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
But problem is i have a problem with the internet connection to download maps from Blizzard using the method taught by you.

You should ask Blizzard Technical Help, and not here. We can't help you with your connection problem to Battle.net servers.

Also, check to make sure you have at least a broadband internet connection speed, as that is their minimum requirement. You don't want to use modem.

Can I download maps and open using World Editor, then use "Test Document" to play the map ? (I have tried that but because there isn't any "AI Plyaers", I immediately has "victory" when the map starts. Is there a "melee" map or maps that I can download and use this method to play ?

You'll want to try changing some settings in the Players Properties, making some of them Computer. If that works, then you're good to go.

If it can't work, your best option would go to the link I provided, and post a Trace Route and connection info, and ask them to help you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.