Please Help Jugde This Terrain

How Good is This Terrain?

• 5: Perfect, stunning terrain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4: Very Good, but could use a touch up.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 3: Good, but could use some editing.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • 2: Average, not very good, should have some work on it.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • 1: Bad, not good at all, should retry most of it atleast.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 0: Very Bad, either give up, or redo it totally.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's pretty good, not eye-opening but better than average. You should add more elevation, besides that huge cliff there. Some slight ups and downs.
You could make it less of a one-way RPG type terrain. Adding forks in the roads with trees, rocks, doodads etc. They can still end up in the same path, but diverting roads makes it more realistic.
The cemetary seems oddly placed. Well the tombstones at least, shouldn't they be more orderly?
Try getting bunches of things, like a bunch of rocks, with a log, and shrubs and flowers. Those smaller doodads don't always have to be just in ones or twos. That also goes with the above idea of splitting paths and making random, interesting roads. You can use bunches to separate paths and create creep spawn areas and such.
Props for choosing my favorite forest tileset, :D
Nice job, :thup: Could use some fixing, but it's an overall good piece of terrain.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
>SharkBait87 Sorry, haven't been working on terrain been doing a spell, and some systems.

>thewrongvine Yeah, I do have some elevation other than the cliffs. (They are on a mountain.) I'll take your advice on forks to make it more open, as this will be a Orpg. And the reason the graves aren't in order is because someone said they are too in order, so I changed it. Thanks for the comment.

_whelp

Reaction score
Vote: 3/5

No offense, but in my opinion it looks too bland. It doesn't have really any transition in the terrain and it is pretty flat in most parts.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
So what should I do to get your vote up? Add more terrain differences and height differences?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with it for playable terrain. I wouldn't enter it in a terraining conest, but for a playable terrain it's just fine. Don't feel the need to change anything.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Thanks I thought my terrain looked decent enough for a map, but I wanted other peoples opinions as well.

_whelp

Reaction score
I agree it that is good for playable terrain. If it was for a cinematic, it would be really awkward.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
you need a bit more creativity to it and to be a little more classy in the terrain style. think black & white in arts terms dunno whether or not you know anything about art.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
This isn't art, its a game. I'm not going to make it perfect as it most likly won't be playable. Also no, I'm no artist.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.