Please Help Jugde This Terrain

How Good is This Terrain?

• 5: Perfect, stunning terrain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4: Very Good, but could use a touch up.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 3: Good, but could use some editing.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • 2: Average, not very good, should have some work on it.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • 1: Bad, not good at all, should retry most of it atleast.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 0: Very Bad, either give up, or redo it totally.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Hello I've been working on this terrain for a while now, and I need some critique on it. It was hard to do, and took alot of time, so I don't want it to go to waste. The area is part of my upcoming Orpg, Cintio Orpg. This area is in and around the small town Erean. Well enough talk here is the terrain!

[!NEW!]
30k5yc3.jpg

95mq9c.jpg

f1vzw0.jpg

sxlm6e.jpg

[!OLD!]
Erean:
eswaar.jpg

2nukpro.jpg

Erean Forest:
90x3xv.jpg

11qhc1i.jpg

Erean Cemetary:
eip8k9.jpg

Way out of Erean:
25qvubd.jpg

Erean Farm:
intycm.jpg

Entire Map:
2ib0zeb.jpg

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Houses don't seem very realistically organized and some fences seem really close together leaving a very narrow gap, but generally it looks pretty good.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I'm not a great judge of terrain, I admit it, but here's the best I can tell you:

Since the map's not all that big, you shouldn't have too many problems, but be warned; the amount of doodads you have in front of those trees could get ugly in a larger map.

The town looks a leetle vanilla. Consider adding some barrels or troughs. It just needs some more village-y ambience. Other than that, nice job.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Thanks yeah fences are kinda closed up, and whats wrong with the houses?
EDIT: Fast replies guys, thanks if it gets too bad as the map gets bigger I'll remove some doods, and the town isn't finished I'm going to add shops and stuff, so I'll add barrels next to them.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Could u maby go to WE and view entire terrain and hav a pic of that too

Gtam

Reaction score
Could use more props here and ther but other than that good job

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Voted for the wrong option, meant 4. I like the terrain, but I'd like to see more nature.

Gtam

Reaction score
Ya birds maby some rabbits and boxes and garen with plants and tha

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Okay, so more birds, more rabbits and gardens.
EDIT: But actually if you played it there is quite a bit of animals just not in the pictures.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Thanks yeah fences are kinda closed up, and whats wrong with the houses?
EDIT: Fast replies guys, thanks if it gets too bad as the map gets bigger I'll remove some doods, and the town isn't finished I'm going to add shops and stuff, so I'll add barrels next to them.

The houses don't have a natural feel to them... Kinda just looks like you put them all together to fill up space... I don't really know what you should do to fix it... Just saying I don't like them all that much.

Chao

Reaction score
Honestly (and I know first-hand how wierd this is going to sound), put yourself in the civil engineer's shoes. What goes where in the town? :)

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well in midevil times there wern't civil engineers ;), especially in a tiny town like Erean.. But your right I should make them more realistic.

Chao

Reaction score
Well, you figure they'd build nearest water and on/around good land, not to mention high, if possible, to make it defensible.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
they have a small pond nearby and a farm close also, they are good, they just haven't gotten around to cutting down some trees to make a closer path to the farm. And I havent finished the pond yet lol :D

Chao

Reaction score
So long as we've established that I'm not criticising! I'm here to help, homie. ;) I'll post some pics of my lil' farmtown when I get home.... we can work off each other.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
I quite like the texturing, but the trees are far to cluttered.
Make them start of not so thick and then get thicker and thicker, makes it a little more realistic.
Also, some of the doodads look a little spammed around the tree line. Remove a lot of them and spread them out across the empty areas.
Apart from that, it isn't to bad without any imports, and a lot better then other oRPGs I've seen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.