Poetry Contest 2!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Bump! You guys still have another 13 days to come up with a poem and post it to enter :)

We've already gotten more entries than the first contest. That's a great sign, because it gives us a reason to have a third one, too.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Happy 4th of July everybody! :) <3 :D

10 more days for entires, 16 more days for the judges.

Halahan

Reaction score
its ok, but I liked your old one better.
I don't think there will be anymore entries...

DM Cross

Reaction score
We already have more entries than last time. That's good. That shows progress.

If we get less entries NEXT contest, then we worry.

For now, we accept that not a lot of people may want to enter and we wait for the judging and prepare for next time :)

Halahan

Reaction score
I'm tired of waiting :(

I will send to the person who wins the Poetry contest the Poetry Contest Trophy, to be used as an Avatar. When we do the next Poetry contest, if the person has not yet stopped using the trophy as an avatar already, will relinquish it, and I will send the 3rd poetry contest winner the same Avatar. Do any Judges or participants have any objections?​

DM Cross

Reaction score
Material rewards on a forum seem rather contradictory, don't they?

Halahan

Reaction score
Not necessarily material, its just a picture that can be used as a trophy, as apposed to people after winning a poetry contest going out to Google and just getting a random trophy, this trophy would have a little mystique.

DM Cross

Reaction score
What's to stop people from having the avatar themself, even if they didn't win?

Nothing. We can't make rules about that sort of thing, after all. And we're not going to go through the trouble of stopping people with a certain avatar.

Halahan

Reaction score
But its a special trophy, not just any old random person can get it.
if you don't like the idea, thats fine, Who am I to argue with an Admin?:rolleyes:
I just thought It would be a cool idea to have a special trophy avatar given to the winners.

DM Cross

Reaction score
But anyone can copy an avatar and use it for themselves. I could use your avatar right now if I wante to. See the point?

Avatars as a reward are silly because there is such a thing as avatar fraud.

Halahan

Reaction score
Oh, you mean like take a screen shot then crop it? I see your point.
nevermind bout the idea then, thanks for considering it, you can delete this conversation if you want.

DM Cross

Reaction score
... Right click your avatar. See "Save Image"?

Why go through the work of doing screen shots and cropping...? Just save the image and use it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Use any avatar you want, so long as it doesn't break the rules. Just don't expect us to yell at anyone if someone copies it and claims to have won it.

Halahan

Reaction score
Don't worry, I won't.
"You can't bother yourself with all the fools in the world, lest you become one yourself." -Anonymous

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Am I missing the spam? here I don't know how this in voles the contest but You do get a lovely picture of a trophy if you win and for a added bonus you get a picture of a gift basket

EDIT: You also get title of Winner Poet

Halahan

Reaction score
lol... I could just find a picture of a trophy and a gift basket on the internet. I was suggesting a special trophy that I have for an avatar that was designated as the Poetry Contest Trophy, given to the winner to be used as an avatar until the next poetry contest. But Seth explained why it wouldn't work, so I'm not going to do it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
yes but you get it anyway

And you get that nice title lol
That we here in the writer corner all know who wins this because were a very small community

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.