Poetry Contest 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Demonwrath, you've been added.

Also, who wants to be the 2nd judge? Theres always been in a 2nd judge in the contests and it should help me too :D

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Wartime

Cold chills bones that earn their keep,
A farmer’s dog never sleeps,
Roots of old hold past’s winds way,
A trunk might be stained again--

His legs not meant for time’s hard wear,
Not this time, he’ll use thoughts instead,
The blood-clogged cogs of peace’s clock,
The job for white-winter’s crop,

Our fate always left unsaid,
Falling trees’ tears may wake the dead.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Halahan, your poem was beautifully written... You're getting quite good at that style =), with a bit more practice, you could be really good.

I know you like an honest critique and so on, and so I'll rank up your poem as if it were in an international contest to give you a feeling for where you stand. Probably a 6 or 7 out of 10, and understand that this ranking you worldwide as if you entered an international poetry competition with people from all over the world. With a few more years, you might be one of the best poets in the entire world. Just keep working at it and I'm sure you're going to be fantastic.

Trust me, follow this style. It will go the farthest ^)^

Good luck to everyone. I might have to update my poem again : )

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought Seth said the 1st time we did this your not allowed to edit your poem at all once its posted...
This way you can't copy or steal ideas from the other posters?
The weird thing I guess we didn't enforce it enough but you shouldn't be able to edit your post or be D/Q
I guess will let it slide this time :p

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
perfect,
so i guess we are on our own for all the coming poetry contests (we won't have mods operating or judging..

gl everyone

and you can count me in Monsterous

I'm still here. I'm trying my best, but I have been keeping an eye on this section and am willing to help with contests.

But for now Monsterous seems to have this down perfect.

But don't worry guys, I haven't fallen off just yet, and I don't plan on it for a while.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I thought Seth said the 1st time we did this your not allowed to edit your poem at all once its posted...
This way you can't copy or steal ideas from the other posters?
The weird thing I guess we didn't enforce it enough but you shouldn't be able to edit your post or be D/Q
I guess will let it slide this time :p

Well, lucky I didn't edit it, but I'll take advantage of the letting slide this time. Don't worry, I don't copy ideas. I have too many of my own.

Honestly, to copy another person's ideas, stories, etc... it's really, brutish? If you don't have any of your own, maybe you shouldn't write =)

Oh well, that's just my outlook on things. Find your own style, find your own path, find your own story, and then write. ^_^

In all honesty, I never finnished the poem I submitted here, and that is why I said update in the earlier post. I just submit what I believe will win, and now that Halahan has submitted a poem after some practice, I have some doubts in my mind, thus I want to update it again, show more of the story, etc. A poem for me is a growing plant, and I show that plant while it's still growing.

Good luck to the contestants : )

Halahan

Reaction score
Thank you Nestharus. Although just now I realized I'm up against you... Ah well , its for Monsterous to decide... although I think conan (which by the by I did an alternate second chapter thats shorter but I think better that you should read) should be a second judge.

conan... I sent a PM that you never replied to. I'll send it again. :p

The thing I think about changing you're poem and such... anyone who does that is such a lowlife that we shouldn't even bother with them : / the WC is small enough so we'd probably recognize whoever did it. How about an Advisory to have you're poem completely finished but if you get a new idea or reread it and want to change something or add to it that has not come or triggered by another user's poem.

Gl everybody!

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Well, I guess it might be considered triggered since your poem makes me want to make mine better now.

It's like my senior year at High School. You know all of those High School Projects. You don't always spend the time you should spend on your own, and then the day of the project, you see these other projects so you suddenly want to spend some more time on yours to make yours better.

I made a catapult in about 15 minutes using a strainer, a ladel, and some wire... lolz... it was very small, the hooks on the bottom of the strainer was the only thing holding it up.. lol, I used the tension in the bars of the strainer to launch the object... I actually made an A- because I launched it to the exact distances. It was funny though : P.... and I see all of these other catapults, some even welded together etc.... just made me want to work on mine some more... that's the same deal here ^_^.

Could you say the catapult I submitted was finnished? nop... it could have been a lot better = P.

Oh well, we all have our own views on the world and it is up to us to respect the views of others ; ).

And once again, good job on your poem Halahan. Well done! ^_-

Halahan

Reaction score
I err.... am editing mine. I just got a critique on it. God Bless <3

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
perfect,
so i guess we are on our own for all the coming poetry contests (we won't have mods operating or judging..

Just because you don't see us doesn't mean we don't see you. Watch your back. And your front. And maybe your sides.

You may not edit your contest entries and change the poem completely. You may edit the current poem, but only to a certain extent.

In the future, this will not apply and you may not edit anything about your poem. This isn't a progressive writing contest, it's a poetry contest. You write a poem. You post it. It's judged. Someone wins. We all pretend we don't want to jump them afterwards in the alley. We go home.

S'it.

Enjoy the loophole while it's loose enough to enjoy.

DM Cross

Reaction score
ima open it for the last time,
they dont sound the same either.. they sound similar,

"ange" and "inge" is what ur saying sound the same, but its just similar theyr not alike in sound,

now, you could use orange and door-hinge in a poem and say it rhymes, i was just speaking the technicallities... its a draw

FTW:

case closed....
for good.:cool:

Just to clarify, rhyme is not determined by spelling, but the sound of words.

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
like my avatar

ey ey ey:p
----------------
great poem Halahan

gl everyone, except for halo king, i sense a bad vibe in him... jk
---------------
@sethcross

you should do the poetry contest, i wanna see u in action

DM Cross

Reaction score
@sethcross

you should do the poetry contest, i wanna see u in action

I don't think I have any war poems... When is the deadline, again? Maybe I'll do it.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
gl everyone, except for halo king, i sense a bad vibe in him... jk
Hah, I don't write poetry. :p

I expect to lose. :) I am no poetic soul.

Hopefully a few more will enter before the deadline comes, which won't be for a while anyways. It's one long contest!

On another note, all of the poems are good. I won't say which I prefer the most, because they're all good - And writing them is what matters.

Have a nice day! :)

Edit: Seth, the deadline is on October 3rd.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Of course. The deadline's not passed yet, anyone may enter until then.

EDIT

I've added my name to the list, as well as edited the first post a bit to be more organized/clear. I also added the links to Poetry Contest 1 and 2 and listed the winners of all three. Check it out, post 1!

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Nice cleaning, Seth. :rolleyes:

I would just like to make a general note that this thread is over 40 posts, and not all of which is about poetry. It would be a lot easier for Contestants/Judges/Spectators if you were to debate over Seth's absence or non-absence somewhere else.

---

ANYWAYS ( :p ), I wager Seth will do a good job on his poem. He is amazing with writing dark poetry, and dark writing overall. Heck, he is in his own way dark himself. Needless to say, I was practically out of the contest a while ago.

I am also curious, will Conan be judging, competing, or neither? I don't believe he ever clarified if he would. If you ever have time to read this, I am wondering. :)

Best of luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.